Picked Up A Rare One Today

Chuck

Which song orders did you get?

For those that don't know this album-The order of the songs, 6 songs, like a six shooter, is randomly pressed, same six songs on both sides, in different order. In 1981 there was no CD Shuffle button. This was the closest thing to that. Cool!

• Thank You 1

Not exactly, It is kind of like a six shooter alright but how it works is when
you start the playback your never know which song you are going to hear

One time you will hear one song and then the next time it may be another

That is why they call it Rush N Roulette, you can never tell which one you will hear

I'm not sure how they did it but if I had to guess they pressed all six songs right next
to each other in the grooves and it is according to which groove the needle first lands in which song gets played

I have seen this record go on Ebay for as much as $500 for it is very rare but I got this one for $85
to me it still seems high (very high) but this was the cheapest I have ever seen it
  • Thank You 1

That is why they call it Rush N Roulette, you can never tell which one you will hear

I'm not sure how they did it but if I had to guess they pressed all six songs right next
to each other in the grooves and it is according to which groove the needle first lands in which song gets played

I have seen this record go on Ebay for as much as $500 for it is very rare but I got this one for $85
to me it still seems high (very high) but this was the cheapest I have ever seen it
Now I get it! Cool!

Yeah, it's like a 6 lead screw, six spiral tracks laid down beside each other.  I have a Monty Python album where they put 2 "parallel" tracks on one side, can't remember which one it is.  I've never seen one of these before, thanks for sharing.  For that kind of money I'm not going to go look for one!