Need help/opinions.

Need help. I have a Sunfire Ultimate Receiver II and have a chance to purchase Martin Logan CLS IIz's. Any idea if the Sunfire will handle the CLS? I realize that the Sunfire is a pretty robust unit but can it handle the 2 ohm load at 20K?

Welcome to the site Hotrod.  I don't have a sunfire, as it's out of my budget but there are some here that do and can answer your questions.  Sit back, page through the site and someone will be along shortly to answer your question party.gif

In two channel mode it will have trouble unless played low. You would need a sunfire 300X2 or 600X2 or any 400 watt per channel sunfire multiple channel amp running in two channel.

I have used my ultimate receiver ll to drive my Carver ALS originals.  I have read that they can dip below 1 ohm (confirmation needed).  The combination sounds great but I listen at relatively low-moderate levels.  If you really want to crank it loud I would probably recommend a stand alone Sunfire amp as suggested or you could get a Carver M1.0t with upgrade modifications done by one of the forum techs.  

It would be helpful if you put up some specs on the MLs. I have a UR-I and it handled my Amazings pretty well back when I was doing that. The UR is basically a TGP-III and a Cinema Grand rolled into a single chassis.

• 1 month later...
Don't have a Sunfire Ultimate Receiver.....BUT

Can you program it to output a stereo signal through two channels on each side and by-amp each speaker...

With 200-400 watts for the woofer

And 200-400 watts for the ribbon on my ALS III's...??? 

• 4 months later...