R.I.P. Prince

Ar9Jim

That's terrible.  Not a huge fan of his music but the song "When Doves Fly" always reminds me of when I fell in love with my wife.  I remember that song being on at a specific point in our relationship and it triggers good thoughts.  RIP Prince

Fantastic artists, will be missed by millions.

Watch some of his greatest here .

He also wrote music for and starred in the movie The Purple Rain.  

Grim Reaper is really reaping in 2016 Yikes .

So do we go back to calling him "The Artist Formerly Known As..."? (Sorry J/K, couldn't resist!)

Don't know why he ever wanted to change his stage name, but his he was a talented musician, and will be missed. Was the name "Prince" supposed to be short for "Prince of Funk" or ?

Dang - now this one hits home again. Grew up with Prince on the radio and girls dressed in purple. Very sad news for us 80's lovers.

I didn't 'dig' all his stuff, but there were a few of his I really like a lot.

How can anyone not appreciate Raspberry Beret?

Got ripped off of YouTube...bummer. 
  • Thank You 1

Watching it now here

There was a girl that came over to my house after school every day and made me play that damn video while she danced around the living room. Forgot all about that until today. Sad to see another piece of youth gone. RIP Prince.

Indeed very sad! My brother Rich was a huge fan! When Rich was dying of Leukemia my other brothers and mom took him to see prince in concert (early 80's)

RIP Prince

BarryG

Its funny how these millenials dont remember who he is yet you say 1999 and they go ahhh yeah I remember.

The cough fiasco on Rasberry Beret was funny too, I remember the pop up video on VH1 mentioning it

Alicia Keys had a great quote:

"There are many many kings, but there is only one Prince."

Love em or hate em, the man was talented musically, lyrically, and a great showman.  
Apparently he was athletically talented as well and quite the basketball player.  Would not have guessed that one. 

A Prince-related anecdote: Upon first meeting a lady who was joining the volunteers of which I was a part of, in the small talk it was discovered we both had cats. "We have five,"I said, "named for songs." When I got to the one named Sh-Boogie Bop, she smiled, "Cream, by Prince!," and then sang the chorus, "Cream, sh-boogie bop!"  I was pleasantly taken by surprise, no one before (or since) had ever made the connection. Thank you, Prince.

I was born in 70, and MTV was a big influence on music at the time, and his videos were kind of hard to ignore. I was never muc of a "fan",more into Sabbath, Floyd, etc, but I really liked girls so I had to know something about Prince. Years later to realized what a talent he was with a guitar and piano as much as he was dancing or slithering on the floor.

Tough year for music lovers, kind of sucks. Thank god there is music.

I was born in 70, and MTV was a big influence on music at the time, and his videos were kind of hard to ignore. I was never muc of a "fan",more into Sabbath, Floyd, etc, but I really liked girls so I had to know something about Prince. Years later to realized what a talent he was with a guitar and piano as much as he was dancing or slithering on the floor.

Tough year for music lovers, kind of sucks. Thank god there is music.

I agree totally evilmainer. Same boat.

I heard an interview where Eric Clapton was asked

"how does it feel to be the best guitar player in the world"?

Clapton responded--"I don't know, you might want to ask Prince".

I did not know the extent of Prince's talent til I heard that.

• Thank You 2

• 2 weeks later...