CARVER site! Mobile

Featured System                

Carver audio forum, free Carver manuals, Carver audio information, Carver audio repair, Carver specifications, Carver modification, Carver upgrade, Carver amplifiers, Carver amplifier, Carver amp, Carver home audio, Carver hifiNow Playing

NOW PLAYING: Hey Ocean! - IS
             Carver audio forum, free Carver manuals, Carver audio information, Carver audio repair, Carver specifications, Carver modification, Carver upgrade, Carver amplifiers, Carver amplifier, Carver amp, Carver home audio, Carver hifi
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
How Carver Amps work class 1 : Magnetic Field Coil
tonebellsOffline
#21 Posted: Monday, September 4, 2017 6:28:52 PM(UTC)

Send to facebookSend to DelisciousSend to StumbleuponDigg thisSend by emailSend to Addthis
tonebells

Groups: Novice

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Thanks to Nahash5150 for the great, easy to understand explanation.

Tony
music4citiesOffline
#22 Posted: Thursday, September 7, 2017 5:45:00 AM(UTC)

Send to facebookSend to DelisciousSend to StumbleuponDigg thisSend by emailSend to Addthis

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 19 times

Very cool...now is the invariant amp design sir carver used in the sunfire signature amps the same or a version of this? Because it is also awesome. Very clean and neutral. Oodles of power when is use, very little consumed in idle and the thing barely feels warm when cranking.

After having one those these heat sinked electric bill hike behemoths seem like steam engine compared to a tesla.
Sunfire Classic Vacuum Tube Control Center Preamp; Sunfire Signature Load Invariant 300x2 Amplifier; Thorens TD126 mk II turnable with TP16 tone arm and Denon DL 117 MC cartridge; Ayre C-5xe Universal Disc Player; Sonos; Schiit Modi Multibit D/A; Mirage MRM -1 speakers.
music4citiesOffline
#23 Posted: Thursday, September 7, 2017 6:10:32 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 19 times

Edited. Double post. Apologies
Sunfire Classic Vacuum Tube Control Center Preamp; Sunfire Signature Load Invariant 300x2 Amplifier; Thorens TD126 mk II turnable with TP16 tone arm and Denon DL 117 MC cartridge; Ayre C-5xe Universal Disc Player; Sonos; Schiit Modi Multibit D/A; Mirage MRM -1 speakers.
wdcOffline
#24 Posted: Thursday, September 7, 2017 8:19:33 PM(UTC)

wdc

Medals:
Bill D modified: audio equipment owner

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 87 times

Hello Greg,

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write this (beginners/novice ) tutorial. I personally have found it written in a way that is comprehensive and easy to understand (as comprehensive as a non-electronic-based person could expect).  Instead of clear as mud, it’s clear his murky water…

Your explanation on Phase Angle and Traic’s along with your comments regarding my post earlier in the week the of “Fred Longworth, explanation Post subject: Re: Carver M500t Power Supply Problem” not only help me understand Triacs but it also help me go back and reread the Longworth  explanation and better understand (or at least look for) the errors in his explanation and/or logic, s rather than just ignore and/or discount his explanation.

At the risk of exposing myself to criticism and showing my ignorance. It is my understanding that one of Bob Carver’s primary breakthroughs and/or developments commonly referred to as “Magnetic Field” technology, is the design of a power board (A variable constantly adjusting or floating traic) circuitry, that through some type of feedback, would sense the amplifiers power needs constantly adjusting the power output allowing for a smaller power supply.

My reading between the lines (as I  don’t yet understand what feedback signal is adjusting the phase angle or how the phase angle is adjusted), I am assuming that the power card and Triac circuitry is the heart of Carver Magnetic Field design.  A design that is constantly adjusting the power output (allowing for a smaller less power-hungry, heat generating power supply) and doing so by constantly adjusting the phase angle based on demand. Doing so through the phase angle and traic using the principles that you have explained.

Whereas I appreciate your offered to answer questions specific to your tutorial. I think at this time I am best serve to just reread and solidify the principles outlined.

This is not to say I am not curious to know what is the source of my perceived feedback adjust the Traic? Or what is it electronically that signals this 360° phase angle to fire in the four quadrants at the same angle position, or what is it that changes this phase angle? Is it voltage, current through what electronic component, what triggers it to fire at a particular degree?

I’m not expecting answers on these but they are questions my mind is churning.

Thanks again for a great tutorial, and all the best

Will

PS I also found the explanation on voltage and current very helpful as it’s an area I always struggle with.

Carver C-1 BillD Mod 2ea., 1ea Remote Mod
Carver M1.0t (3ea) 2-Bridged
Carver M1.5t
Carver TFM-35X (1ea)
Bob Carver Sunfire Theater Grand Processor
Integra DTR 8.2 Home Theater AVR
Woo Audio WA3 / Sennheiser HD 650
CYENNE AUDIO CY-3100SE DAC (2ea)
KR Audio Enterprises KR 6000 BM Monoblock Tube Amp(s) (KR 842 VHD vacuum tubes), My winter amp, wonderful sounding & a good space heater...lol
Sliverline Audio SR-17 Speakers
Infinity CAS 3.1 Speakers in-wall (4ea)
Sunfire True MKII Subwoofer (2ea)

(Where does it stop?) BTW I am seeking a quality "Marantz 8b" if anyone has one for sell or a lead on one

1 user thanked wdc for this useful post.
Dadvw on 9/8/2017(UTC)
Rss Feed Atom Feed