CARVER site! Mobile

Featured System                

Carver audio forum, free Carver manuals, Carver audio information, Carver audio repair, Carver specifications, Carver modification, Carver upgrade, Carver amplifiers, Carver amplifier, Carver amp, Carver home audio, Carver hifiNow Playing

NOW PLAYING: Hey Ocean! - IS
             Carver audio forum, free Carver manuals, Carver audio information, Carver audio repair, Carver specifications, Carver modification, Carver upgrade, Carver amplifiers, Carver amplifier, Carver amp, Carver home audio, Carver hifi
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
How Carver Amps work class 1 : Magnetic Field Coil
Ar9JimOffline
#11 Posted: Monday, April 4, 2016 10:51:26 AM(UTC)

Send to facebookSend to DelisciousSend to StumbleuponDigg thisSend by emailSend to Addthis

Medals:
Site Builder: major contributor to the Carver site! community.Cee-Bang!: Black Pearl device for multiple award; your donations help fund CARVER site! hostingCarver modified: Carver mk II, or self-modified owner
Bill D modified: audio equipment ownerDIY: master builderGreeter: most welcoming to new members

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 1284 time(s) in 594 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 2450 times

Bumping this back to the top.. Great teaching and a chance to learn in this thread. After I read it 3-4 times, I actually start to comprehend.. Maybe an old dog can learn new tricks?
PMATOffline
#12 Posted: Monday, April 4, 2016 3:03:44 PM(UTC)

Send to facebookSend to DelisciousSend to StumbleuponDigg thisSend by emailSend to Addthis
PMAT

Medals:
Senior: memberSite Builder: major contributor to the Carver site! community.Yin-Yang: Participated in audio Karma
Cee-Bang!: donated to fund CARVER site! hostingGreeter: most welcoming to new members

Was thanked: 666 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 706 times

Good idea Jim, I've read it several times because I like it and it's Carver. Still is unclear to me so I'll read it all again. Thanks for the bump.

Big Rig
Marantz CD5000 with plasticlay
MF X-10 clone tube buffer
Bill D C-1
Carver ECU
Carver Silver 9t's wrf'd
Carver Silver Amazings
Two Sunfire mk II subs

Bedroom
Marantz CD5000
Denon tuner
Yamaha C-60 pre with parametric eq
Carver tfm-45 wrf'd
VMPS RM-1 towers
Legacy twin 12" sub
spotify/ipad source #2

Video system: Fujitsu Plasma, B&W FPM 50 surround, Integra receiver, Arcam DVD, Yamaha FM tuner, Velodyne sub.

Garage: Iphone 6 Spotify to CT-7, Adcom GF 535, Infinity RS-6 Kappa 3-ways

Sidelined: M500t, C1 stock, CJ SA-250, CJ SS pre, Yamaha c-50 pre, 2 other sets Infinity 3 ways, Carverfest spkrs (modded) Modded Rat shack spkrs, PT-1800,
1 user thanked PMAT for this useful post.
Ar9Jim on 4/4/2016(UTC)
BalokOffline
#13 Posted: Monday, April 4, 2016 3:18:25 PM(UTC)

Balok

Medals:
Senior: Black Pearl device for multiple award; senior memberModerator: -Site Builder: Black Pearl device for multiple award; major contributor to the Carver site! community.
Yin-Yang: Participated in audio KarmaCee-Bang!: Black Pearl device for multiple award; your donations help fund CARVER site! hostingFeatured: system
Carver modified: Carver mk II, or self-modified ownerDIY: master builderTunesmith: master sleuth
Jester: -Music: extensive, varied collection

Groups: Resident, Moderator

Was thanked: 652 time(s) in 387 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 253 times

Is there going to be a TEST???   
"ALL THINGS MUST PASS"
peck555Offline
#14 Posted: Monday, April 4, 2016 8:25:43 PM(UTC)

peck555

Medals:
Senior: memberSite Builder: major contributor to the Carver site! community.Cee-Bang!: Black Pearl device for multiple award; your donations help fund CARVER site! hosting
Carver modified: Black Pearl device for multiple award; Carver mk II, or self-modified ownerBill D modified: audio equipment ownerGreeter: most welcoming to new members

Was thanked: 209 time(s) in 192 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 386 times

Balok;261560 wrote:
Is there going to be a TEST???   

Yes Balok, and moderators are first Big Grin
So much Carver gear, so little money.
Ar9JimOffline
#15 Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2016 1:26:28 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Site Builder: major contributor to the Carver site! community.Cee-Bang!: Black Pearl device for multiple award; your donations help fund CARVER site! hostingCarver modified: Carver mk II, or self-modified owner
Bill D modified: audio equipment ownerDIY: master builderGreeter: most welcoming to new members

I spent a few hours this morning learning about switch mode power supplies and the basics of how they work vs linear amps with big, heavy, expensive transformers. Afterward I reread this post by Nahash, Bobs designs are much easier to grasp with the help of Nahash, after a basic understanding of the switch mode power supply.. Some good learning online about the SMPS @ youtube..
soulsurferOffline
#16 Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2016 3:16:44 PM(UTC)

soulsurfer

Groups: Novice

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 101 times

Thank you so very much for starting this thread!! I have the - most - basic - understanding of electronics (car batteries can weld your wrench to the fender  ) but you've made it an easy read for me.

Yes, I have to re-read it and then read again but I can reach the fruit on this tree of knowledge!

I wants moar pow-wah talk! 
TX11b / 4000t / TFM-45 / TFM-45 / Polk SDA SRS 2 / RSL CG-8^2 / Infinity iL120 / Random source components / bottle o'bourbon
PapajoeOffline
#18 Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2016 11:00:43 PM(UTC)

Papajoe

Medals:
Cee-Bang!: donated to fund CARVER site! hostingFeatured: system

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 85 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 9 times

Wow, you guys rock in the understanding of the Carver electronics maze. You should hear me try to explain that idea.
Papajoe
Ar9JimOffline
#17 Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2016 3:50:37 PM(UTC)

Medals:

soulsurfer;280500 wrote:
Thank you so very much for starting this thread!! I have the - most - basic - understanding of electronics (car batteries can weld your wrench to the fender  ) but you've made it an easy read for me.

Yes, I have to re-read it and then read again but I can reach the fruit on this tree of knowledge!

I wants moar pow-wah talk! 
Couldn't agree more.. Hahash is an excellent teacher. He makes it interesting which is another quality of a great teacher. His knowledge also makes him a busy man, but his teaching skills are excellent and appreciated.. 
Ar9JimOffline
#19 Posted: Wednesday, May 3, 2017 6:52:46 PM(UTC)

Medals:

Just bumping this one back to life because it is so damn good! Thanks again Greg.
3 users thanked Ar9Jim for this useful post.
Chops on 5/3/2017(UTC), zumbini on 5/4/2017(UTC), Dnspy007 on 5/4/2017(UTC)
aslan7Offline
#20 Posted: Thursday, May 4, 2017 2:38:50 AM(UTC)

aslan7

Medals:
Senior: memberSite Builder: major contributor to the Carver site! community.Cee-Bang!: donated to fund CARVER site! hosting
Greeter: most welcoming to new members

Was thanked: 878 time(s) in 556 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 5239 times

Ar9Jim;302205 wrote:
Just bumping this one back to life because it is so damn good! Thanks again Greg.

Thank you jim for the "bump"! Never had the chance to read this until now.

The 3 separate explanations by hashy should be required reading by all on the site. Great job taking a difficult concept and explaining it to those of us without the "engineering" background.

Now if I could only explain what I read to my family and friends!

will fly for food (& carver equipment)

Rss Feed Atom Feed