Powered Subwoofer connection to Carver components

I am grateful to those that assisted with responding to my request for assistance with my Carver pre-amp.  The Deoxit worked like a champ and my system is up and running.  Special thanks to Ar9Jim in Rockford, who was kind enough to send me a knob for my pre-amp.
Now for my next question.  I recently purchased a Polk powered subwoofer and would like to connect it to my Carver pre-amp/amp.  As you know, the Carver M1.5t  amp and C-1 pre-amp were designed before subwoofers became popular.  So there is no connection that directly feeds into a subwoofer as modern receivers have (like a receiver for modern home theater systems).

Is there a way to connect the subwoofer to my Carver components?  If so, is there a way to connect the subwoofer to both my Carver components as well as to my home theater system and benefit from both?

Thank you! 

Glad to hear that you got your preamp working. 

Is there a way to connect the subwoofer to my Carver components?

Most powered subs I've used have a built-in crossover you can feed from a preamp output.
If both outputs are already in use split either one with a pair of RCA y-adapters.

IS236405-01-01-BIG.jpg 

...is there a way to connect the subwoofer to both my Carver components as well as to my home theater system and benefit from both?
You'll need a line level switch box with at least 2 pairs of inputs and 1 pair of outputs like the Niles AXP1.
AXP-1hi.jpg 

2944e8aee83caf3070d201094875b17fc98387f6 

• Thank You 3

Is there a way to connect the subwoofer to my Carver components?  If so, is there a way to connect the subwoofer to both my Carver components as well as to my home theater system and benefit from both?

If you have two signal sources, the sub cannot know which is which.

Niles also makes speaker selectors with specific power ratings. 

The y-connection works, but has several caveats. It 'bridges' more than one system. Impedance issues or shorts can crop up, if not done carefully. 

The C-1 has two Main outs, so a 2Channel system is easier, either feeding the sub from one of the Mains or used as crossover, if only a single audio source is in use.  

In a HT system, if the receiver has a sub-out then such line level inputs can also be fed. If it has PreOuts, even better.

The C1 also has ExtProc In/Out or Tape In/Out which can allow a cascading setup.

Integrating systems at speaker-level is much harder than at the source level.  

• Thank You 2

Many responses, some a little confusing.  For an additional $100, it might be easier to just purchase another subwoofer to use with the Carver preamp.  The cost alone of the switching device is almost the cost of another subwoofer.

• Thank You 1

• Community Admin

Many responses, some a little confusing.  For an additional $100, it might be easier to just purchase another subwoofer to use with the Carver preamp.  The cost alone of the switching device is almost the cost of another subwoofer.

I was going to suggest this as an option - Watch CraigsList - you'll find one for that budget - be patient.  

....The y-connection works, but has several caveats. It 'bridges' more than one system. Impedance issues or shorts can crop up, if not done carefully.
I did NOT suggest using a y-adapter to interconnect 2 systems, but as a way to twin an output if both were in use.
I suggested a line level switcher as an answer to his 2nd question Should be no issues as long as it breaks before makes.

For an additional $100, it might be easier to just purchase another subwoofer to use with the Carver preamp.  The cost alone of the switching device is almost the cost of another subwoofer.
I agree that you should use a dedicated sub for each system, however, I doubt you'll find a decent sub for $100.