Da Newb

Well...I have been a Carver fan for over 30 years but ever only owned one piece of equipment.  Of which, I will be applying the BillD mod minus the blue LED in about 17 weeks (parts are backordered).  Prefer to be as true to the original as I can.  I will post my project when complete.  Don't know how active I will be here but I love the resources.  Great work!!!

My system is as follows (will post photos to this site when I figure out how to):

Amps:
NAD C275BEE (main)
NAD 216 (rear)
NAD 214 (center: bridged mono)

Speakers:
Sapphire ST3 MKII (main, bi-wired)
Polk Monitor 5B (rear)
Cambridge Soundworks Center Channel Plus
Martin Logan Dynamo 700W SWT-2 (sub)

Cables:
Audioquest (rca)
Monster (speaker)

Preamp:
Carver C-1 (with 9db gain reduction)

Signal Processors:
ROTEL RSP-1572 (surround w/parametric eq for each speaker)
HUGHES AK-500 Retriever (used for monaural to 3-D imaging)
ART HQ-231 (eq)

Sound/Video Sources:
Sony CDP-C445 (multi cd)
Sony CDP-19 (single cd)
Onkyo T-404 (tuner)
Sony K890ES (cassette deck)
Pro-Ject DEBUT III (turntable w/Denon DL-103R)
Sony BDP-S370 (blu-ray)
ChannelMaster DVR+ (antenna dvr)
Panasonic TC-L42U25 (tv)
Hitachi F391 (vcr)
XBOX360

Accessories:
Sony MDR-7506 (headphones)
Logitech Harmony One (universal remote)
American Recorder SPL-8810 (spl meter)
Salamander Designs (component rack)
1,500+ album collection
200 to 300 movie collection

• Thank You 2

Awesome list Kelly!

Some real cool audio pieces there. ...and welcome to the CarverSite my friend.

How do you like that Cambridge Center channel speaker? 

Btw, we love ALL audio (&video) here--but of course we have an affinity for Carver creations.

Yes, please post pics. Dancing

And welcome aboard the Carver express!! You'll fit right in with us audiophile nuts.Beer! 

Image result for super fast trains

• Community Admin
You have found the place to be!  Welcome.  Love that list.

Don't forget pictures.  

Use the 4th icon from the right at the top of the editor, to insert. 

Welcome! 
  • Thank You 1

Welcome to the site! I find the resources here very helpful, plus the members here are very friendly. Our techs are excellent if you run into trouble or have tech questions!

Hang around , kick your shoes off, turn up the volume and grab your favorite beverage! This is a nice place to hang out!

BarryG

• Thank You 1

Hello and welcome, Kelly,

Nice gear you have there. A C1 is fine pre-amp and even better with the BillD mod. Speaking of; if you read through some of the old posts here you will come to appreciate the reverence we hold for our departed friend Bill Dibble.

aslan7: I like the Cambridge Soundworks Center a lot.  It is about 20 years old but still sounds and looks great.  I really like the flat, neutral response for voice reproduction.  I definitely could improve things with a newer and larger center speaker that has more punch but I also like the size.  Since I programmed the ROTEL to have the Sapphires take up the slack on the low end for the center channel and I do not play my movies with the volume at "11" (which allows the Sapphires to be more than capable), the Cambridge Soundworks Center is perfect for the job.

everyone:  I took photos with my phone last night after posting but they came out like crap.  I will play with the camera settings and lighting tonight to get some posted.  As for updates on my BillD upgrade project, I will try but may forget by the time I get the parts (about 17 weeks out).  I plan to do the upgrade in one day.  Unfortunately, I do not own or have bench equipment available for measuring the various specs people seem interested in.  Besides, I am mostly interested in reducing the background hiss that has grown louder over the years.  I suspect new speaker wire might help with that also.  And, I may post photos of the project but there are so many photos already, it is a little overkill.  Maybe I could come up with some "really good" photos that show the process in better detail and improve upon those that have already been submitted.
  • Thank You 1

Welcome to the site. Best group of guys on the net. I remember a few years back I found this site when I needed repair advice on my M500t. I believe it was Daddyjt who welcomed me and asked me to stick around. I never forgot that and 1500 posts later I'm still here loving these guys.