CARVER site! Mobile

Featured System                

Carver audio forum, free Carver manuals, Carver audio information, Carver audio repair, Carver specifications, Carver modification, Carver upgrade, Carver amplifiers, Carver amplifier, Carver amp, Carver home audio, Carver hifiNow Playing

NOW PLAYING: Hey Ocean! - IS
             Carver audio forum, free Carver manuals, Carver audio information, Carver audio repair, Carver specifications, Carver modification, Carver upgrade, Carver amplifiers, Carver amplifier, Carver amp, Carver home audio, Carver hifi
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages«<8910
What do you do for a living?
PhilDentOffline
#94 Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 7:57:40 PM(UTC)

Send to facebookSend to DelisciousSend to StumbleuponDigg thisSend by emailSend to Addthis
PhilDent

Medals:
Bill D modified: audio equipment owner

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 70 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 79 times

Ray,

Very commendable occupation. Good luck with your expansion.
RxonmymindOffline
#90 Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 6:27:51 AM(UTC)

Send to facebookSend to DelisciousSend to StumbleuponDigg thisSend by emailSend to Addthis

Groups: Novice

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 19 times

Originally Posted by: PhilDent Go to Quoted Post
Rxonmymind, I'm guessing you're a prison guard? If not, I'd love to know what your occupation might be.

Yes. Pretty much a referee trying to help these guys with anger management issues and communication. Keeping the vibes positive and being fair and consistent goes a long way with these guys. So far so good!
DadvwOffline
#95 Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 2:03:01 PM(UTC)

Dadvw

Medals:
Cee-Bang!: donated to fund CARVER site! hosting

Was thanked: 177 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 528 times

I just retired from my company and will lay out a year or two then go back to work for a few years until 62.  Working on my house and soon hopefully on my Carver gear that needs refreshed.......grin

John
Great Room audio: Carver TX-11a, Carver 4000t, Carver C-9, Digital Time Lens, Yamaha EQ-500, Carver M500t, Carver TDR-2400 Cassette, Carver TL-3200 CD, Sony DTC-690 DAT, Yamaha MDX-793 Mini Disc, Paradigm Monitor 9 series speakers, 3200 sub-woofer.
In standby: C-1 awaiting recap and mods, M400t Awaiting recap process, M500t purchased and being recapped, DTL-50 awaiting recap, C4000 awaiting recap and mods, 2-TX-2 tuners, TX-11a waiting repair.
PhilDentOffline
#96 Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 2:17:59 PM(UTC)

PhilDent

Medals:

John, good luck working on your house. Speaking from experience that can become a huge money pit.
DadvwOffline
#97 Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 12:58:10 AM(UTC)

Dadvw

Medals:
Cee-Bang!: donated to fund CARVER site! hosting

Was thanked: 177 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 528 times

John, good luck working on your house. Speaking from experience that can become a huge money pit.

It is still new enough that we are finishing moving in and fixing the minor things that need repaired. Hasn't been too expensive yet.......grin 
Great Room audio: Carver TX-11a, Carver 4000t, Carver C-9, Digital Time Lens, Yamaha EQ-500, Carver M500t, Carver TDR-2400 Cassette, Carver TL-3200 CD, Sony DTC-690 DAT, Yamaha MDX-793 Mini Disc, Paradigm Monitor 9 series speakers, 3200 sub-woofer.
In standby: C-1 awaiting recap and mods, M400t Awaiting recap process, M500t purchased and being recapped, DTL-50 awaiting recap, C4000 awaiting recap and mods, 2-TX-2 tuners, TX-11a waiting repair.
PhilDentOffline
#98 Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 3:16:09 AM(UTC)

PhilDent

Medals:

Unfortunately for me and my massive remodel, the money ran out before we got to the electronics. At least I've been able to piece together a nice Carver HiFi.
00cbirdwOffline
#21 Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 8:13:01 PM(UTC)

00cbirdw

Medals:
Senior: member

Groups: Resident

Was thanked: 242 time(s) in 194 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 1389 times

Originally Posted by: chiroacademy Go to Quoted Post
Here is a surprise: Chiropractor: 34 years Chiropractic Consultant: 20 years
Quite a run in the industry!  Have you heard of/know of Arno Burnier?
Home Theater/Main TV setup:

TV: Sony Bravia KDL46ex400
Pre/Pro: Integra DTR-7.8
Inputs: PS4, PS3, Wii, & WDTV Live
Fronts: Definitive Technology BP30's powered via TFM-45
Center: Definitive Technology CLR2000 powered via TFM-45
Surrounds: Definitive Technology BPX's powered via A500x
Subwoofer: Sunfire True Sub Signature 12 & Sunfire True Sub Solitaire EQ 10 with spare Sunfire True Sub Super Junior

Soon to be added:
Surround Backs: Definitive BPX's powered via A500x
00cbirdwOffline
#99 Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 8:25:10 PM(UTC)

00cbirdw

Medals:
Senior: member

Groups: Resident

Was thanked: 242 time(s) in 194 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 1389 times

I'm a structural engineer in SW Colorado.  We do a little bit of everything......residential, commercial, institutional, bridges, remodels, repairs, etc.  Some of the most interesting stuff we've done are the multi-million dollar custom homes for the big-wigs that like to have fancy vacation homes in the mountains.  Jon Pomeroy is a good friend of the family and used to be my parents' neighbor.......we've done about 90% of his projects (located in the SW).  You can see pictures of his projects HERE

Pretty vanilla compared to what a lot of you other guys have on your resume
Home Theater/Main TV setup:

TV: Sony Bravia KDL46ex400
Pre/Pro: Integra DTR-7.8
Inputs: PS4, PS3, Wii, & WDTV Live
Fronts: Definitive Technology BP30's powered via TFM-45
Center: Definitive Technology CLR2000 powered via TFM-45
Surrounds: Definitive Technology BPX's powered via A500x
Subwoofer: Sunfire True Sub Signature 12 & Sunfire True Sub Solitaire EQ 10 with spare Sunfire True Sub Super Junior

Soon to be added:
Surround Backs: Definitive BPX's powered via A500x
2 users thanked 00cbirdw for this useful post.
zumbini on 7/13/2017(UTC), wdc on 7/14/2017(UTC)
wdcOffline
#100 Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 11:20:02 PM(UTC)

wdc

Medals:

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 87 times

Originally Posted by: 00cbirdw Go to Quoted Post
I'm a structural engineer in SW Colorado.  We do a little bit of everything......residential, commercial, institutional, bridges, remodels, repairs, etc... 

A very impressive portfolio and body of work 00cbirdw. Applause

And may I stress, there are no “vanilla” and/or unimportant jobs here. Occupations are like cogs on a gear, without one, the others fail. It takes a lot of interacting cogs to make a gear turn, making all of us a part of a bigger picture.

Carver C-1 BillD Mod 2ea., 1ea Remote Mod
Carver M1.0t (3ea) 2-Bridged
Carver M1.5t
Carver TFM-35X (1ea)
Bob Carver Sunfire Theater Grand Processor
Integra DTR 8.2 Home Theater AVR
Woo Audio WA3 / Sennheiser HD 650
CYENNE AUDIO CY-3100SE DAC (2ea)
KR Audio Enterprises KR 6000 BM Monoblock Tube Amp(s) (KR 842 VHD vacuum tubes), My winter amp, wonderful sounding & a good space heater...lol
Sliverline Audio SR-17 Speakers
Infinity CAS 3.1 Speakers in-wall (4ea)
Sunfire True MKII Subwoofer (2ea)

(Where does it stop?) BTW I am seeking a quality "Marantz 8b" if anyone has one for sell or a lead on one

1 user thanked wdc for this useful post.
00cbirdw on 7/14/2017(UTC)
wdcOffline
#88 Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 1:23:51 AM(UTC)

wdc

Medals:

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 87 times

Wdc, Looks like a cool job that takes you around the world. Best of luck to a successful and satisfying project. PhilDent

Thanks Phildent, it’s been an interesting career but one I’m trying to wind down. After forty plus years of contracting to install these pipelines, I now provide technical support to a select number of companies.

That being said I just wrapped up three grueling days island hopping, inspecting a number of potential pipeline landing locations while assessing risk and feasibility for my client.

It can look exotic from afar, but in reality it’s just another day at the salt mine. I would rather be home with my wife, dog and trying to figure out where I went wrong with that Carver M1.5t repair and how to get back up and going.

Now that’s a challenge for me, and child’s play  for others here in CS. Hence my comments to 00cbirdw, were we are all cogs on a gear with different skill sets. Mine is not electronics but the CS group has proven to be very helpful.

All the best
Carver C-1 BillD Mod 2ea., 1ea Remote Mod
Carver M1.0t (3ea) 2-Bridged
Carver M1.5t
Carver TFM-35X (1ea)
Bob Carver Sunfire Theater Grand Processor
Integra DTR 8.2 Home Theater AVR
Woo Audio WA3 / Sennheiser HD 650
CYENNE AUDIO CY-3100SE DAC (2ea)
KR Audio Enterprises KR 6000 BM Monoblock Tube Amp(s) (KR 842 VHD vacuum tubes), My winter amp, wonderful sounding & a good space heater...lol
Sliverline Audio SR-17 Speakers
Infinity CAS 3.1 Speakers in-wall (4ea)
Sunfire True MKII Subwoofer (2ea)

(Where does it stop?) BTW I am seeking a quality "Marantz 8b" if anyone has one for sell or a lead on one

1 user thanked wdc for this useful post.
00cbirdw on 7/14/2017(UTC)
Rss Feed Atom Feed