CARVER site! Mobile

Featured System                

Carver audio forum, free Carver manuals, Carver audio information, Carver audio repair, Carver specifications, Carver modification, Carver upgrade, Carver amplifiers, Carver amplifier, Carver amp, Carver home audio, Carver hifiNow Playing

NOW PLAYING: Above & Beyond - Acoustic Live
             Carver audio forum, free Carver manuals, Carver audio information, Carver audio repair, Carver specifications, Carver modification, Carver upgrade, Carver amplifiers, Carver amplifier, Carver amp, Carver home audio, Carver hifi
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Has anyone used the Zero Dust stylus cleaner?
CasalettiOffline
#22 Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2017 3:56:20 PM(UTC)

Send to facebookSend to DelisciousSend to StumbleuponDigg thisSend by emailSend to Addthis
Casaletti

Groups: Novice

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 76 times

IMHO use of plasteline blu matter (like blu-tack or similar) release an oil layer over the stylus, and through the stylus this oil reach the grooves ... Use of a dry plastic gel like the original Vinyl Passion Dust Buster or the similar Zerodust it's very better idea. For proof try to watch at microscope the stylus after a cleaning with blu-tack and a playback ... and retry after a VP DustBuster.
My Setups :

Main Setup :
Thorens TD166MkV + NAGAOKA MP-110 - MI Cartridge + Carver SD/A 490t + Carver C-16 + Carver Silver Seven 7t + DAC iFi IDSD Nano + iFi Ipurifier 2 + Chario Academy 2 + (cables: PhonoSignal: VanDenHull Phono - Signal cables: TRANSPARENT AUDIO MUSICLINK - USB: Audioquest Cinnamon - Speaker: VanDenHull Clearwater)

Secondary Setup:
Carver SD/A 350 Carousel + Carver C5 + Carver TFM-15 + Chario Academy 1 (cables: Signal: Monstercable Interlink 400 Mk II - Speaker: VanDenHull Clearwater)
AndrewJohnOffline
#17 Posted: Monday, April 17, 2017 12:34:26 PM(UTC)

Send to facebookSend to DelisciousSend to StumbleuponDigg thisSend by emailSend to Addthis
AndrewJohn

Medals:
Site Builder: major contributor to the Carver site! community.Yin-Yang: Participated in audio KarmaCee-Bang!: donated to fund CARVER site! hosting
Carver modified: Carver mk II, or self-modified ownerBill D modified: audio equipment ownerGreeter: most welcoming to new members

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 837 time(s) in 591 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 3145 times

PDR;301073 wrote:
AndrewJohn;301058 wrote:
That description warrants a picture!  Anxious  (pretty please) Shhh 

It works like the auto detailing goop.....just one dunk does it.

A pic as you asked......

Thank you!  That looks simple enough even for me!  I think I could do that!  
― ~ 🎼 ~ ―

"Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art."

— Claude Debussy

― ~ 🎼 ~ ―

Primary: M1.0t MkII Opt2, C-1 BillD, DTL-200 MkII, AL III+, TX-11a, Dual 721

Secondary: M200t, C-2, TX-2, DTL-50, Epi 400, Miracord 770h
stevenlevelOffline
#23 Posted: Monday, April 17, 2017 5:32:30 PM(UTC)

stevenlevel

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 202 times

O.K. I just received my Moon Gel and I have a question:

Can I take one out of the air tight plastic container it comes in and place it on some cardboard and place it under my dust cover without it drying out?

These pads remind me of the pads that came with my stimulus belt for my back.

I used those 2" x 2" squares to keep my front Definitive Studio Monitor 450's mounted on the steel stands to keep vibration down and to isolate each front speaker.

With my SL-Q3 table I need to place the Moon Gel on a business card that I can place on top of my platter and then lower the stylus onto it.

Seems to work really well and for $7 it's a really low cost alternative to Zero Dust.

Thanks again guys 

Cool
Music Only:

Carver C-1 preamp, Carver TX-2 tuner, hafler 500 amplifier, Onkyo C-7030 & (X10-D Tube Buffer Up-Grade by Kevin P. to a C-7030t), Onkyo Integra DX-C606 Muti-Disk CD player, Sony SA-CD DVP-NS775V, Technics SL-Q2 with Denon DL-103 M.C. Adcom ACE 515 (Line Filter and component timer) Definitive Studio Monitor 450's on Steel Definitive Stands, SVS 12" 300 watt powered sub, Sennhiser HD 598 headphones, Realistic APM 200 2 watt to 200 watt LED amp output monitor

Home theater system:

Yamaha 5.1 to 7.1 receiver HTR-6240, Yamaha BD-S671, Definitive Studio Monitor 450's, Front & Back, Definitive Bi-Pole 1.2x side surrounds, Definitive 2002 center channel & SVS 12" powered sub, Audio Source AMP -100 used for 7.1 surround sound with Yamaha receiver.

Not used backup equipment:
Denon 910 DVD/CD player, Technics SL-Q2, Shure M97xE MM & Sumoko Black Pearl MM cartridges, Denon AVR-2800 Receiver/Preamp

Special Thanks To: Kevin P
aslan7Offline
#24 Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 6:48:38 PM(UTC)

aslan7

Medals:
Senior: memberSite Builder: major contributor to the Carver site! community.Cee-Bang!: donated to fund CARVER site! hosting
Greeter: most welcoming to new members

Was thanked: 832 time(s) in 522 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 4989 times

Thought I would post a couple of pics of the ZeroDust stylus cleaner in action.  Picked one up after reading this thread.  Great info.

Here it is on the M97XE.  One thing to be aware of--when you touch the stylus to the pad, any hair accumulated from the brush can be taken off but subsequently transferred to the stylus (gets caught) if not careful when doing multiple "dabs".  I don't have a pic but the magnifying glass that comes with ZeroDust will show it clearly. 

Here it is on MT10  

Sorry, Iphone macro pics are tough.  

After we finished stylus cleaning, it was time to test with the best selling jazz album of all time -- a numbered remaster blue vinyl edition of Miles Davis's  "Some kind of Blue" which Luke got for his 19th birthday.  His hero though is Doc Severinsen.

will fly for food (& carver equipment)

Rss Feed Atom Feed