CARVER site! Mobile

Featured System                

Carver audio forum, free Carver manuals, Carver audio information, Carver audio repair, Carver specifications, Carver modification, Carver upgrade, Carver amplifiers, Carver amplifier, Carver amp, Carver home audio, Carver hifiNow Playing

NOW PLAYING: Hey Ocean! - IS
             Carver audio forum, free Carver manuals, Carver audio information, Carver audio repair, Carver specifications, Carver modification, Carver upgrade, Carver amplifiers, Carver amplifier, Carver amp, Carver home audio, Carver hifi
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<678
Headphones
AndrewJohnOffline
#71 Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2017 1:06:27 PM(UTC)

Send to facebookSend to DelisciousSend to StumbleuponDigg thisSend by emailSend to Addthis
AndrewJohn

Medals:
Site Builder: major contributor to the Carver site! community.Yin-Yang: Participated in audio KarmaCee-Bang!: donated to fund CARVER site! hosting
Carver modified: Carver mk II, or self-modified ownerBill D modified: audio equipment ownerGreeter: most welcoming to new members

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 938 time(s) in 649 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 3563 times

Great review, Dennis.  Thank you Greg for sharing those.

I wear hearing aids, and have similar issues to Dennis.  I have a different frequency hearing loss due to surgery.  These may be in my future. 
― ~ 🎼 ~ ―

"Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art."

— Claude Debussy

― ~ 🎼 ~ ―

Primary: M1.0t MkII Opt2, C-1 BillD, DTL-200 MkII, AL III+, TX-11a, Dual 721

Secondary: M200t, C-2, TX-2, DTL-50, Epi 400, Miracord 770h
4krowOffline
#72 Posted: Saturday, June 3, 2017 6:37:03 AM(UTC)

Send to facebookSend to DelisciousSend to StumbleuponDigg thisSend by emailSend to Addthis
4krow

Medals:
Senior: memberSite Builder: major contributor to the Carver site! community.DIY: master builder

Was thanked: 559 time(s) in 383 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 232 times

ZMF is way up scale from the 400S phones and they may also be in the pack soon. (Read Grado, Even H1, and Hi-Fi Man phones to come up for sale soon). Yes, and other magical products. Maybe even the Barn Burner Buffer amp.
4krowOffline
#73 Posted: Sunday, June 4, 2017 5:03:27 AM(UTC)

4krow

Medals:
Senior: memberSite Builder: major contributor to the Carver site! community.DIY: master builder

I fell into a good situation. I was looking for a pair of handmade ZMF  headphones. They were at the bottom of the ZMF product range which was just fine with me. After posting on another site that I was looking to buy, an offer came up that was to good to pass up. Turns out that I will be purchasing a set of the ZMF phones that are up the ladder a few notches. I needed 500 bux to do it, so that is why I sold the Red Wine Audio amp. Turned out perfect, at least on paper. Maybe in a week or so, all will be ready to roll. Of course this means another horse race. This time between the Hi-Fi Man HE600S and the ZMF ORI. Both are of the same design. I am looking forward to it, but would rather stop at this juncture and call it good.
Doh-ROffline
#74 Posted: Sunday, June 4, 2017 11:38:48 AM(UTC)

Doh-R

Medals:
Senior: Black Pearl device for multiple award; senior memberSamaritan: exemplifies the spirit of Rahu, dispositor of KarmaSite Builder: Black Pearl device for multiple award; major contributor to the Carver site! community.
Yin Yang: Black Pearl device for multiple award; participated in audio KarmaFeatured: systemCarver modified: Carver mk II, or self-modified owner
Bill D modified: audio equipment ownerDIY: master builderJester: -
The Dude: Take it easy, man.

Groups: Resident, Moderator

Was thanked: 1503 time(s) in 923 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 575 times

Stop? 

You do know where you are, right? 
Were you not paying attention? I'm one of the few survivors!
4krowOffline
#75 Posted: Friday, June 9, 2017 10:02:26 PM(UTC)

4krow

Medals:

Well, the postman arrived today with the right sized box. I pulled out the ZMF hard case, and got listening... well for about 35 minutes. Then my allergies kicked in and here I am sniffling instead of listening. Pretty crazy quality for headphones, and had it not been for perfect timing, I would never have spent this kind of money on cans. So far, running them side by side with the HE400S cans, it is just a matter of taste. Each set does exactly what is says it will do. You see the main difference in design between then seems to be that the 400S is open back design, where the ZMF ORI is 85% closed. Yup you can hear the difference alright. Here is a quick shot for now. Quick note, the ZMF cans want more power and I have it in spades for them.

4krowOffline
#76 Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2017 12:04:13 AM(UTC)

4krow

Medals:

Y'all didn't think I was done posting, did 'ya? Well, here is the near finished w/o guts yet, chassis for the headphone amp circuit.

Rss Feed Atom Feed