What are your favorite albums?

Harryfan

Does anyone have a copy of Mike Keneally's Sluggo CD?  It's long OOP and made of unobtanium and I'd really like to get a copy.

Only place I found one was on discogs and it's 40 to 42 bucks

Since I wrote that long ago Mr. Keneally and I have become associates and he has only recently finished the remastering and re-release of Sluggo in a stunningly terrific DVD-A version in 5.1 sound.  I had managed a CDR copy of the original 1997 release and can tell you the DVD-A version is simply outstanding.  This has always been a sensational album but now it's a real audiophile favorite.  The 'special' version is limited to 1000 copies and I'm glad I have one.

(that ought to be enough to tease Gene into buying one)

• Thank You 1

Does anyone have a copy of Mike Keneally's Sluggo CD?  It's long OOP and made of unobtanium and I'd really like to get a copy.

Only place I found one was on discogs and it's 40 to 42 bucks

Since I wrote that long ago Mr. Keneally and I have become associates and he has only recently finished the remastering and re-release of Sluggo in a stunningly terrific DVD-A version in 5.1 sound.  I had managed a CDR copy of the original 1997 release and can tell you the DVD-A version is simply outstanding.  This has always been a sensational album but now it's a real audiophile favorite.  The 'special' version is limited to 1000 copies and I'm glad I have one.

(that ought to be enough to tease Gene into buying one)

What!?!?!? Ok I'll order a copy. happy0009.gif 

• 7 months later...
  • Community Admin

What would be a "Must Have" for a Vinyl collection?

Last night, I heard at my buddy's house on an Anthem amp and pre, with a Marantz CD drive, and Sony TT two JT albums.

I'm not a huge JT fan, and that might be changing.  These two are definitely reference material for evaluating changes made to your system, or new equipment.  After kicking back and drinking a few beers, listening to these, I just ordered these two..

We were comparing speakers last night.  We switched speakers from Paradigm S8's to JBL 4430's, Snell's, Bose 601 Series I's and 901's.  It was interesting to hear the variation between the new and vintage that these two albums brought out.  There's a lot of sound on these recordings that I had not heard before last night.

James Taylor "October Road
James Taylor " Covers

5108c%2BneQEL.jpg 51Q8Bl%2B%2B7WL.jpg

What would be a "Must Have" for a Vinyl collection?
Dire Straits-Brothers In Arms and Led Zeppelin-Presence. Alot of the time I find that I like my vinyl versions better than the CD. Just tough at times to find a clean vinyl version.
  • Thank You 1

• 2 years later...

Time to resurrect this thread, one of my favorite albums is an artist I don't care for most the time, Boz Skaggs. His album DIG is fantastic and will exercise your Woofers something fierce. There are plenary of low sustained notes.

The last song is a fantastic demo piece. Be careful. Xmax here we come. ?

• Thank You 1