recent Carver gtp II owner but not for long

Hey folks. I recently acquired a sunfire gtp II and it works . ive been using it and I was mostly happy. my yellow lights dont work but the rest of them do. that was okay as most of that was just the tuning section anyhow.

I was fine with my carver until I bought a cheap tube preamp.  since I am just stereo guy this works out better than the Carver. 

I will at some point own a regular Carver when I find one I want that has been rebuilt.  but for now. hello and goodbye...lol...I am a fan though.  I love music and nothing beats music on a clean sounding system. 

peace ! 

MZ

Glad you found something better. Its not surprising that the new basic tube amp is working out better for 2 channel stereo with limited inputs. Simple is good in many cases imho..

The Sunfire is much more complicated and is in need of service at this point. If all you need is a basic preamp, its better to avoid all the extra parts and service, that a vintage receiver requires imho. They need service, even they are still technically working, they are a long ways from their best days until serviced.