Does anyone have a solution to this photo upload problem?

I have been having an issue uploading jpeg photos of late, a problem do not recall having in the past.  Anytime I try to load a portrait layout the CL photo uploaded is turning the photo on its side  (landscape). I can flip  the photo every which way in the explorer folder and it still flips landscape when I upload.

Anyone else having this problem and/or have a solution? 

Thanks  

PS; Attached is an example, I cannot get a photo taken in portrait to upload in portrait 

20170730191238545.jpg 

I have been having an issue uploading jpeg photos of late, a problem do not recall having in the past.  Anytime I try to load a portrait layout the CL photo uploaded is turning the photo on its side  (landscape). I can flip  the photo every which way in the explorer folder and it still flips landscape when I upload.

Anyone else having this problem and/or have a solution? 

Thanks  

PS; Attached is an example, I cannot get a photo taken in portrait to upload in portrait 

20170730172055716.jpg 

Ditto my latest post!

Dom to the rescue?........... 

Thanks at least I know I’m not the only one, or just losing it.

About 30 day back when it first started happing I spent ages reworking the photo in Corel or Photoshop resizing, formatting, flipping, saving,  ect, ect and every one of those when uploaded is on its side. 

I "fixed" your photo for you.

Here's my response to another member about EXIF data tags and photo orientation:

As I've noted previously, most digital photos include EXIF data that includes the orientation of the camera. EXIF compatible programs read the EXIF orientation tag and automatically rotate the image view to match. Unfortunately Cute Editor (the forum's image editor) does not recognize/support EXIF orientation tags. As a result a photo taken with the camera/phone in portrait mode is displayed in landscape mode.

To fix it I downloaded your image, opened it in IrfanView, removed the EXIF tag, and saved the edited photo.

Ok Dom thanks for that, I understand the solution (or work around). I have not opened a file in IrfanView but sure I can figure it out.

Funny I don’t recall the image editor doing this in the past, but then again maybe I just got lucky and everything was shot was in landscape. If that’s the case I better go buy a lottery ticket…lol

Thanks again, hopefully we will see an updated photo editor in the future.

Will

Ok Dom thanks for that, I understand the solution (or work around). I have not opened a file in IrfanView but sure I can figure it out.

Funny I don’t recall the image editor doing this in the past, but then again maybe I just got lucky and everything was shot was in landscape. If that’s the case I better go buy a lottery ticket…lol

Thanks again, hopefully we will see an updated photo editor in the future.

Will

Will, when I upload my pics, sometimes they are turned sideways.  I then delete the pic from the site.

Then I open the pic on my windows computer into any editing program (I use the standard Windows program that came w/ my Windows 10 dell).  Edit something minor (such as shading, lighting, etc.) which will now allow the pic to "save".  After clicking "Save", just re-upload it to the CSite.  Magic--it's upright!
  • Thank You 1