Let my Carver journey begin!

The Carver Journey Continues!

20170905203506189.jpgAfter much research on this site I decided that one day I would upgrade my A400x to an M500t Mkii.  I thought that this would be a purchase way off in the future, but it came about that DaddyJT had one that he was willing to sell.  It was a price I could not pass up.  Now, just after a few months after my first Carver purchase, I've cobbled together a Carver system that sounds better than I could have ever imagined:  C1 Preamp (BillD mod by DaddyJT) M500t mkii (also by Daddy JT) and Elac uni-fi b5 speakers.  Source is typically hi res or redbook files through an SMSL M8 DAC.
I'm loving the sound of the new amp and I absolutely love the big analog meters illuminated with the blue LEDs.

Loving the music that OCCD and the Carver community has provided Big Grin
PhilDent 

That's a nice looking system you've got there.  Ironically, I too started my Carver journey with an A400x.  At the time I bought it (early 90's, IIRC), it was a sizable investment for me, and it was my first separate amp upgrade.  I ran it off the pre outs of my Yamaha receiver, and into my then brand new Polk LS70 speakers. I will never forget how the sound blew me away with the amp running the mains.  My next purchase was a TFM55x, and I ran with those 2 for several years, until about 5 years ago I purchased a 1.0t mkII, and researching what I had, found what would eventually become my home on-line, CarverSite.  It's been a fast downhill ride since then, into the depths of OCCD.  Let's just say that I need 2 people, with their shoes off, to count all my Carver amps now... Or I could say I have more Carver amps than teeth, but coming from Montana, that could be and underwhelming statement.

Anyway, glad you found us, and I'm proud and honored to be a part of your audio journey:-) 
  • Thank You 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic