CARVER site! Mobile

Featured System                

Carver audio forum, free Carver manuals, Carver audio information, Carver audio repair, Carver specifications, Carver modification, Carver upgrade, Carver amplifiers, Carver amplifier, Carver amp, Carver home audio, Carver hifiNow Playing

Now Playing: Trey Anastasio
             Carver audio forum, free Carver manuals, Carver audio information, Carver audio repair, Carver specifications, Carver modification, Carver upgrade, Carver amplifiers, Carver amplifier, Carver amp, Carver home audio, Carver hifi
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

MKII parts difference btwn M-500 and M-500t
Michael8itOffline
#1 Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:19:55 PM(UTC)

Send to facebookSend to DelisciousSend to StumbleuponDigg thisSend by emailSend to Addthis
Michael8it

Medals:
Yin Yang: Black Pearl device for multiple award; participated in audio KarmaCee-Bang!: donated to fund CARVER site! hostingFeatured: system

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 22 times

I am overhauling my M-500 starting with all the caps and PS board.  Ill do the transistors later...

Are the Caps the same for the M500 and M500t MKII Mods?  I tried the link on the M-500 MKII post but it takes me to the M500t Mod.   
Carver C-1, Oppo DV980H, Yamaha RX-A1010, Modified Polk RTA 12B's, CS1 Center Channel, OWM3 surrounds.
Unused: Carver M500, M200t

1 user thanked Michael8it for this useful post.
Jim Coash on 2/21/2014(UTC)
Sponsor

RichP714Offline
#2 Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:35:15 PM(UTC)

Send to facebookSend to DelisciousSend to StumbleuponDigg thisSend by emailSend to Addthis
RichP714

Medals:
Yin Yang: Black Pearl device for multiple award; participated in audio KarmaZeroPointe: Black Pearl device for multiple award; audio tools ownerBill D modified: audio equipment owner

Groups: Dev, Retired

Was thanked: 866 time(s) in 542 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 403 times

From that link.....
RichP714 wrote:
.....The M-500 mk IItm  is extremely similar to the M-500t mk IItm. There are a few differences in the small board capacitors, and the triac control circuit uses a different bridge rectifier, but otherwise it's not really worth repeating the post.
Enjoy!

-
------http://zeropointe.thecarversite.com----------------------http://carvermk2.com---------------

1 user thanked RichP714 for this useful post.
Michael8itOffline
#3 Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 9:19:59 PM(UTC)

Michael8it

Medals:
Yin Yang: Black Pearl device for multiple award; participated in audio KarmaCee-Bang!: donated to fund CARVER site! hostingFeatured: system

The caps I can figure out.  Where do I find the info for the correct bridge rectifier ?
Carver C-1, Oppo DV980H, Yamaha RX-A1010, Modified Polk RTA 12B's, CS1 Center Channel, OWM3 surrounds.

RichP714Offline
#4 Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 11:00:30 PM(UTC)

RichP714

Medals:
Yin Yang: Black Pearl device for multiple award; participated in audio KarmaZeroPointe: Black Pearl device for multiple award; audio tools ownerBill D modified: audio equipment owner

Groups: Dev, Retired

Was thanked: 866 time(s) in 542 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 403 times

It should be called out in the service manual: looks like I'm using KBP206G and DF01M
Enjoy!

-
------http://zeropointe.thecarversite.com----------------------http://carvermk2.com---------------

1 user thanked RichP714 for this useful post.
Michael8itOffline
#5 Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2012 1:00:34 AM(UTC)

Michael8it

Medals:

Thank you.  I did not know if it was an 'upgrade' component or stock.  Thanks.

Rss Feed Atom Feed