CARVER site! Mobile

Featured System                

Carver audio forum, free Carver manuals, Carver audio information, Carver audio repair, Carver specifications, Carver modification, Carver upgrade, Carver amplifiers, Carver amplifier, Carver amp, Carver home audio, Carver hifiNow Playing

Now Playing: Peter Gabriel "Security"
             Carver audio forum, free Carver manuals, Carver audio information, Carver audio repair, Carver specifications, Carver modification, Carver upgrade, Carver amplifiers, Carver amplifier, Carver amp, Carver home audio, Carver hifi
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Any Def tech owners here?
67birdOffline
#1 Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:42:04 PM(UTC)

Send to facebookSend to DelisciousSend to StumbleuponDigg thisSend by emailSend to Addthis

Groups: Visitor

I run definitive technology BP2000 mains, CLR2000 center, BP-2 rears, and a pair of PF1800 subs.

I love them for home theater work... but they seem to lack a certain something for music. The soundstage and depth just isn't there...

They are powered by M500t's running mono for the Right, left and center. I was thinking my amps are showing their age and was thinking about having Rich work his magic on them ( if he could fit it in the schedule).

Maybe I'm asking too much of the old def Tech's and should just stick to the ALSIII's for music only.

Tom
Sponsor

MaddmasterOffline
#2 Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:23:49 PM(UTC)

Send to facebookSend to DelisciousSend to StumbleuponDigg thisSend by emailSend to Addthis
Maddmaster

Medals:
Senior: memberYin-Yang: Participated in audio KarmaFeatured: system

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Gave Thanks: 42 times

I have Def Tech but the Mythos STS (Fronts), 10 & 8 (Center) and Gems (front height, side and rear surrounds). They do a good job with music and movies. If you get Rich to upgrade those M500's to mkII you will be amazed at the difference in the sound stage and quality. I use M 1.0t mkII for the front and centers.
Rss Feed Atom Feed