Why Bob Carver... Why?

The genius of Bob Carver and his audio products made me fall in love as an audiophile with beautiful reproduced hi-fidelity sound starting a year after college graduation-- 3/10/1990 when I auditioned and purchased a pair of AL silver loudspeakers new from Studio One (Warren Radio Company) in Erie, PA for $1,483.95.  That was the beginning of a long journey building my system on a beer bottle budget.  That man has cost me a lot of money over the years but I have never regretted one penny that I could not afford spent on this passion. Why Bob Carver did you have to be so good at what you do!  Now I have found this site while looking for a specific Carver manual.  Great to be on board with the rest of the Carver family.  I'm home 

• Thank You 3

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try to post a couple pics shortly.  It's not much compared to the other pics and AMAZING systems I have seen on this site. You guys truly are Carver fanatics! I luv it. My system is more a balance between Home theater/Movies/gaming as well as Hi fidelity music listening but it sure makes us smile every time we use it. Currently the Carver AL Silver's are powered by bridged mono A500x amps.  Monitor Gold C350 center channel speaker powered by bridged TFM-55x.  It is also running 6.2.2 Atmos system using Marantz SR7010 flagship and SVS PB13Ultra sub & Velodyne SPL-1200 sub.  Bose 601 series 3 as surrounds with BSR passive sub and Orb Audio for Atmos & rear.  All connected to 1080p Samsung TV as well as 1080p 120" 3d Optoma projector linked to Marantz BluRay, Motorola Cable box, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, Wii, Apple TV, and MSI Gaming Computer.  My kids share in this passion too!  We love John Williams on this system as well as Call of Duty!!!!!!

• Thank You 1

Thanks!  
That's asLan7 named after the Lion in the CS Lewis classic novel.  We get called "asian" all the time when gaming online as a common mistake.  Truthfully we answer to anything since we play our audio so loud we can't hear anything else anyways :-)

Always good to welcome a member with some Carver background. I too, was flabbergasted by many Carver products back in the day. He kept breaking to the rules, and I loved it. I especially loved that day that he said that he could make his amp sound like any one of those other botique amps. Made me smile.

• Thank You 1

You have landed on Planet Carver but we appreciate all the moons (other audio makes) held in orbit by the Magnetic Field Amplifier's pull. There's a constellation of information here and knowledgable, friendly, helpful Carver-astronomers to boot. Welcome aboard!
  • Thank You 1

Thank u all for the warm welcome!!!

Just came up from basement after an hour of cranking Pink Floyd and Rush! Musical nirvana so to speak. There is just no limit to those Carver amps--and so cool to the touch like they don't even break a sweat after my ears are bleeding.

The Marantz pushing the surrounds is certainly warm but the thermostically controlled fan on top helps. I may want your folks thoughts on a 19" 425Wx5 Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Series II to push the remaining five surround speakers leaving the Marantz totally free from any heavy lifting. I can't afford a 4K projector right now so a Sunfire Sig may be the next add on. Always admired and respected that amazing amp Bob designed.  I think my son's college fund would be wiser without that amp in my system though--then again he can always drop out for a semester :-)))

The genius of Bob Carver and his audio products made me fall in love as an audiophile... That man has cost me a lot of money over the years but I have never regretted one penny that I could not afford spent on this passion. Why Bob Carver did you have to be so good at what you do!...I'm home 

Welcome!  Just remind yourself how much Bob has SAVED you because an equivalent sounding high-end system/speakers would likely cost 5 to 10x more than one would invest in Carver components!  And now, let the OCCD BEGIN!!

Please post a description of your Carver system and some photos!
  • Thank You 1

I think my son's college fund would be wiser without that amp in my system though--then again he can always drop out for a semester :-)))

The priorities seem to be a dead give-away of an OCCD being suppressed in the Id for a long time.

Welcome Lion, to the den of Carver! 

• Thank You 1