Hey Everyone!

Hey all!
I'm new here, although I've been aware of Carver products for some time.
I just aquired a C-1 Preamp from craigslist, and a coworker GAVE ME a m400t power amplifier and a set of 901's.
Not sure yet about the 901's but I'm feeling pretty good about the rest of the gear.
I'm sure I'll be popping in to meet everyone.
Thanks for letting me in!
-Morgan 

Howdy Morgan and welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new (to you) gear.
The C-1 is a favorite here, and the M-400t "cube" is a great little piece of history.
What series are the 901's and did you get the EQ?

Don't forget to tell us a bit about yourself, your taste in music, and other interests.
And please post some photos of your toys so we don't have to beg you for them. emwink.gif 

Hey all!
I'm new here, although I've been aware of Carver products for some time.
I just aquired a C-1 Preamp from craigslist, and a coworker GAVE ME a m400t power amplifier and a set of 901's.
Not sure yet about the 901's but I'm feeling pretty good about the rest of the gear.
I'm sure I'll be popping in to meet everyone.
Thanks for letting me in!
-Morgan 

What model of 901s? I assume that the equalizer came with them. That could probably use an overhaul and upgrade. I am running Series II 901s and I upgraded my EQ last year and it made a WORLD of difference. Let me know if and upgrade is in consideration and I will pass along the information.

Also, welcome to the Carversite. You will find plenty of folks here ready and willing to help you with all of your audio questions and needs. 

Hey great score MorganS and welcome to the Carversite. Yes, pics would be awesome! OCCD is very contagious here and we we are excited you found us.

Post away with questions, comments, concerns or just what u happen to be listening to at the moment. We love all audio--especially Carver related!

thanks for the welcomes :)

The bose speakers are series 3, and yes he gave me the correct pre for them. I had to put new surrounds on these 901s since the foam was rotted away completely.

Testing it out earlier, I had the bose eq running through the external processor loop on the c1. I noticed a "ticking" noise that went away when I bypassed the bose pre.

The c1 on its own seems to be totally silent. So I'm assuming I may have to go through the electronics on the bose eq?

About myself; I used to be a full time musician (drummer), until my daughter was born lol. I love music in general, all of it. Not the biggest fan of rap, but I can appreciate it to some degree.

Digging the John Hiatt on the playlist :)

I'll post pics as soon as I get this rig in place in my little space

• Thank You 3

I used to be a full time musician (drummer), until my daughter was born lol.

Jazz, Rock, ... ?

Please teach her to play drums, when she is ready. Here is some inspiration for both of you. 

PS: Welcome to the asylum....you can check out any time, but you can never leave... 

thanks for the welcomes :)

The bose speakers are series 3, and yes he gave me the correct pre for them. I had to put new surrounds on these 901s since the foam was rotted away completely.

Testing it out earlier, I had the bose eq running through the external processor loop on the c1. I noticed a "ticking" noise that went away when I bypassed the bose pre.

The c1 on its own seems to be totally silent. So I'm assuming I may have to go through the electronics on the bose eq?

The Bose EQ should be taken out of the external processor loop and placed in between the C-1 main out and whatever amp you are using. Main out to EQ in, then EQ out to amp in.
  • Thank You 1

Welcome to the show Morgan 

Welcome here my friend to the show that never ends
So glad you could attend, come inside come inside........Emerson Lake and Palmer......Thumb up
  • Thank You 1