Hello from western Canada

Hi Members.

New tech here.

great site!

been a arf (2010) and videokarma (2014) member for a few years now.

i find forums helpful and have helped back as best i can.

i started in 1968- fixing 1950's tvs/radios (plus fixing all kinds of mechanical) as a kid.took all available shops in high school and got an A average) installed car stereo from grade 9 for 8 years. trained to be a profesional Electronic tech (focused on radio/tv) in 1980-graduated with 95% average) and used my knowledge to troubleshoot/repair/install all kinds of gear over the years.

Lots of experience with Audio-low power and high end.

semi retired.
RonL

Welcome to the site Ron!  We talk a lot about audio here.  People here with various levels of skills and knowledge.  Do you have any Carver gear or other home audio gear?  If so, let us know and post pics.  We like nudies of audio gear and just plain clothed pics......Big Grin.

Ron,

Welcome to the site. You will find all kinds of interesting info here, even outside of Carver equipment. One of my favorites is the psyco-acoustic effects that our brains process. That has always been an interest to me (no doubt this technique is used with Sonic Holigraphy). Excuse my spelling, and welcome to the site.

Greg 

thanks u2! i dont have any carver gear other than a buddies lightstar system on my bench.

i do dabble with other stuff though,
checkout my youtubes if interested. u will see aprox 5% of what i have been / am upto.
ronl2524 on youtube.
cheers,
RonL

forgot  to mention,i do have lots of vintage audio. mostly low power radios,stereos...etc.

i do still use as a daily driver my lg amp ,(aprox 50 w rms per side) pro linear speakers,rock turntable and aiwa high end cassette,bought in the early-mid 70s.(got modern cd /mp3 player too).
got a few vintage tvs as well. best in my accidental collection(mostly leftovers in my trade over the years)-a 651p 1948 farnsworth round pix tv and a 1957 ctc5 rca color tv round metal/glass pix(bought broken for $25 when i was 12-lol).
cheers
RonL

Welcome from another western Canadian.......Edmonton area here.
See you are from Surrey......I lived in Van area for 10 or so years, my wife
is from Ladner and the inlaws are currently living in Langley.
Nice to see a Tech in this neck of the woods.....eusa_dance.gif  

i dont have any carver gear other than a buddies lightstar system on my bench.

Wow...  that is impressive. Applause

Welcome to C! As PDR says, Canadians get one more tech.