Meeting site memebers

danowood

Finally had an opportunity to meet with a few Carver members last night.  James was in Chicago for a week long seminar and he had muled an M4.0T  and a Sunfire sub for me and brought them with him, so it gave us a opportunity to get a few of the local site members together for a few brews.  Andrew was able to join us, but Jim was leaving that morning for Alabama so he wasn't able to join us.  I was ecstatic to finally meet one of the magical and honorable Tech staff members of the infamous Carver Techs.  It was also a pleasure to see Andrew again, he is such a contribution to life itself, a very thoughtful person.  He brought along a carverfest coffee mug for me that he got back in 2014 and saved it till we met, along with a Helicopter Doug pen to take notes with msp_thumbup.gif  It was a privileged and honor to meet up with these guys and talk Carver gear.  Also was a privilege to meet one of James co-workers that joined us for beers and toasts.  Here are a few pics of friends and new addition to my OCCD quest.

20160610090740590.jpg 
20160610090831207.jpg 
20160610090916710.jpg 
20160610090959709.jpg 
20160610091035650.jpg 
  • Thank You 3

Congrats on the new toys Dano. eusa_clap.gif Glad you got to meet up with some fellow Carverites too.
I've enjoyed my own encounters with weitrhino, TNRabbit, tinpan, fill35U, dcl, and loner_t.
Maybe we can meet up in mid-August when Zack and I are in Chicagoland to visit my Mom. 
  • Thank You 1

Congrats on the new toys Dano. eusa_clap.gif Glad you got to meet up with some fellow Carverites too.
I've enjoyed my own encounters with weitrhino, TNRabbit, tinpan, fill35U, dcl, and loner_t.
Maybe we can meet up in mid-August when Zack and I are in Chicagoland to visit my Mom. 

That would be fantastic, give me a heads up, If I'm in the neighborhood would be glad to meet with you, and I'll make efforts to get a hold of Andrew and Jim. eusa_dance.gif 

Yes, I would like to meet more of you guys. 

Who's who in the picture?

Da fat guy with the snow on his head is me, left, Tallest guy is James, and on the right with invisible halo is Andrew happy0009.gif 
  • Thank You 3

Who is who in the picture?

If anyone is traveling through Denver, let me know!

Itch 

I have a friend in Highland Ranch I go out and see once a year, was there last Oct. It's outside of Denver over by Littleton. 

Ive had the pleasure of personally meeting PINDROP great big guy. He muled a Tandberg Reel To Reel for me and Martin1970 treated my wife and I to lunch along with the baby when I sold him my second pair of SDA's.

Who is who in the picture?

If anyone is traveling through Denver, let me know!

Itch 

I have a friend in Highland Ranch I go out and see once a year, was there last Oct. It's outside of Denver over by Littleton. 

Not too far from my home ..  

In our conversations Andrew asked James if the Carver 753 was a derivative of the TFM 75. I didn't know what he was talking about until I ran across this tonight, in search of another M4.0T for Andrew. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/322128970305?item=322128970305&vectorid=229466&rmvSB=true

Interesting, I have been watching this ad. As I searched the web for more info I found at one point stores were blowing these out at the end of its model life. I think these would be perfect for my nine channel home theater. The sale price was half of that listing. I am interested what people know about it. Itch

In our conversations Andrew asked James if the Carver 753 was a derivative of the TFM 75. I didn't know what he was talking about until I ran across this tonight, in search of another M4.0T for Andrew. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/322128970305?item=322128970305&vectorid=229466&rmvSB=true

Interesting, I have been watching this ad. As I searched the web for more info I found at one point stores were blowing these out at the end of its model life. I think these would be perfect for my nine channel home theater. The sale price was half of that listing. I am interested what people know about it. Itch

My friend runs one in his 2 channel system and uses the third channel for a sub. As with all the A series amps, great sound and powerful, built like a tank and a heavy beast. He swears by them and has collected around 3 or 4. RobertR also runs these in his configurations. 250/channel at 8 ohms.

• Thank You 1