How to Part with M-4.0t and C-1

Hey Everyone...

I have an M-4.0t amplifier and C-1 preamp, and am looking for advice on how to sell these off. I have almost little knowledge of either, and would appreciate any suggestion on where to post them, whether they should be sold together or combined, and suggested asking price. I have the original manuals for each, as well as the produce lineup catalog.

I purchased the pair together maybe 10-12 years ago, and seem to recall paying somewhere around $450. I used them briefly, then the amp stopped working. I had it serviced by a local audio company (caps replaced?). The amp now appears to work great. The preamp has always had some rheostat noise when adjusting some of the controls.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

Doug

They are both sought after if functional. The C1 issues can also be addressed, if you choose to keep them. If you still insist on selling them, many here would be interested.

Located in Rochester NY.

I'd feel comfortable double-boxing each individually for shipping, just wouldn't know how to handle that transaction when selling to someone sight unseen (to protect both parties).

I listed the pair on CL for 575. Is that high/low? Should I pull that ad?

http://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/5840204699.html

I think they are worth around $600 if you were shipping them.

$575 on CL is a good start but I would go as low as $500 for local cash in hand and no shipping problems.

It would be good to see what work was done on the m4.0t. If you post a scanned receipt minus personal details, the techs here can help if any additional impending work may be necessary.

The 4.0t/C1 pair look very nice.  

Frustrating - can't find the receipt from the repair that was done to the amp to get it running. It was probably 3 or so years ago - not sure if it's worth calling the store to see if they retain the repair records.

You'd think I'd be smart enough to tuck it in with the manuals...