Heads Up... Jazz label.. Great recordings..

Ar9Jim

I enjoy listening to jazz and ran into recordings on the label, Heads Up..   A couple great artist on this label imho are Walter Beasley and Marion Meadows... The recordings I have heard by this label have been terrific..  Anybody else here enjoy the jazz on this label?

• Thank You 1

I've never heard of that recording label before, but I'll definitely check them out. I love good jazz, especially good recorded jazz. Thanks for the tip!

• Thank You 1

Established in 1990, Heads Up International is the contemporary jazz division of the Concord Music Group. Other notable artists include Earl Klugh, Eric Johnson, Fourplay, George Duke, Mindi Adair, Mike Stern and Stanley Clarke.
  • Thank You 2

The bulk of my very large jazz collection is from the 50's, 60's and 70's. Most of my favorites are on Blue Note, Fantasy (reissued by Prestige and Riverside), Verve, Milestone and Pablo.

• Thank You 2

I just picked up a mint condition jazz LP in Omaha, NE last night for $3 at the local antique store. My 17 year old son's idol is Doc Severinsen. He asked me to keep an eye out for any.

I'll have to check the label for the aforementioned.

Thanks for the heads up!

20170216060537660.jpg 

• Thank You 1

Jim, Heads Up label artists in my library include Karin Allyson, Mike Stern, Eric Johnson, Jaco Pastorius Big Band. Concord Music Group, the umbrella company, has quite a collection of labels & artists. I would guess that most members have a recording by an artist in their portfolio. Thanks for pointing out the label.
  • Thank You 2

Yes I have many of their (Heads Up) CD recordings.

Hiroshima
Greg Kaukas
Joyce Cooling 
Najee
Pieces of a Dream
Spyro Gyra
Gerald Veasley
Walter Beasley
Peter White
Yellow Jackets
Take 6
Pamela Williams