Any one who knows about this speakers.?

Hello guys how are you.?

I wpuld like to know if somebody does know something about this i read a little bit an havent found so much info yet, it say about tje white van and stuff the model is digital audio SL 1100

And the other one question that i have for you is what do you think

about ribbon tweeters.?

Cheerrrrsss..!

I have not personally heard the DOGG audio white van speakers. I do know to stay away from them though based on history and net reports:

http://m.ripoffreport.com/reports/dogg-digital-audio/nationwide/dogg-digital-audio-rip-off-i-paid-him-later-found-that-the-speakers-sound-like-junk-and-48795

And a post from AK:

"I know this thread is pretty old, but I just thought this was funny... A friend of mine recently gave me a pair of DOGG "Digital Audio 2002" tower speakers model SL-1100. The second-highest of the mid-ranges was badly damaged, so I thought I would move the bottom one up and plug its port. I first removed the speaker terminal to check for a crossover. The other pair of WV speakers I have, a pair of "Linear Phase" "Studio Monitors", don't even have a crossover. These have a very small crude crossover attached to the speaker terminal. Then I removed the damaged driver and it seemed pretty normal, boasting its "high performance" on the back of the magnet structure. Now on to the bottom driver. HA! No magnet! And none on the "driver" above it either. Absolutely ridiculous. I have not even tried to play them yet, and I'm not sure I will after that."

Of course if it's free & pulled out of the trash--and you feel like experimenting --go for it!

On the other hand--when you mention ribbon tweeters, --especially AL's--now you're a man after my own heart Walter.

• Thank You 1

In other words, CRAP!

Don't look at them, don't touch them, DON'T give any money for them. Best to just move on. Avoid them at all cost!

Interesting thread.. One time decades ago, 2 guys in a white van said, "hey were from Chicago making deliveries and we are done for the day". "We have an extra pair of speakers by mistake and would sell them cheap"..

We were at a Burger King parking lot. Didn't buy any, but read lots of White Van stories since then..

You would think they would change the color of the vans by now.. Lol. 

"You would think they would change the color of the vans by now.. Lol. "

My thoughts exactly Jim....plus it screams STRANGER DANGER!!

(I'm surprised they are not offering free candy and puppies too)

Secondhand and retired fleet vans, the great majority of which are white, can be cheaply purchased almost anywhere across the country. I posit this is why the 'white van speaker' stories persist. So, if you think about that and the sales pitch has to start with a lie.......

IT'S TRASH!!!!!  That white van trick has been around for years.  Used to sit in Circuit City and Best Buy parking lots waiting for people.  One day I told them let me test them out in my house that wasn't far from the store ( I knew the security system in that house was pretty much fool proof). When I hooked them up they couldn't compare to anything I had. Not even close. I was running Bose 901VI's at the time. The power amp almost killed the white van speakers. I sent them packing and have warned people every since. They were even on the news here as a scam.

Interesting thread.. One time decades ago, 2 guys in a white van said, "hey were from Chicago making deliveries and we are done for the day". "We have an extra pair of speakers by mistake and would sell them cheap"..
We were at a Burger King parking lot. Didn't buy any, but read lots of White Van stories since then..

And on the flip side (and even worse, IMHO) if someone in a "white van" is selling actual high-end speakers cheap, they're probably stolen....

The term white van speaker has been around for a while, although now you will see people selling these in all makes and models of vehicles. Minivans, Fleet Vans, pickup trucks. I've seen them and selling them several times in Indianapolis and none of the times have they actually been in a white van. LOL

IT'S TRASH!!!!!  That white van trick has been around for years.  Used to sit in Circuit City and Best Buy parking lots waiting for people.  One day I told them let me test them out in my house that wasn't far from the store ( I knew the security system in that house was pretty much fool proof). When I hooked them up they couldn't compare to anything I had. Not even close. I was running Bose 901VI's at the time. The power amp almost killed the white van speakers. I sent them packing and have warned people every since. They were even on the news here as a scam.

Security system or not, I wouldn't let trash like that in my place... Or the speakers. 
  • Thank You 1

Security system or not, I wouldn't let trash like that in my place... Or the speakers. 

You're right. I was much younger back and a risk taker. I wouldn't do it now in these times. 

And on the flip side (and even worse, IMHO) if someone in a "white van" is selling actual high-end speakers cheap, they're probably stolen....

Hey are you willing to sell your Carver M 500t?

I'm looking for one that works perfectly at a fair price but expect you to make some profit.

I thinking about buying one in June but figured I would rather have a up-graded MKII model that you have.

Plus people here at the site are always good about packaging properly and with a amp that's really important.

Thanks for your time. Steve 

No one addressed your interest in Ribbon tweeters.

I have never owned any speakers with ribbon tweeters but many of the members here on the site are using Carver speakers that use both standard woofers for bass and ribbons for both mid-range and highs.

Also Infinity is well known for using ribbon tweeters in their speakers from the 80's. Infinity had a pair of refrigerator sized speakers using about 12 woofers and a full line of ribbons for both mids and highs. They retailed for $20,000 back in 1980 or so.
One high end stereo seller I used to visit weekly had a pair of these in the show room and at only 14 years of age allowed me into the high end room to listen to components I would never be able to purchase.

Music Craft knew me well and I did buy my first receiver, cassette deck, turntable, and CD player from them back in the early 80's when I was still in High School. Great guys at this store that went out of business back in the early 90's.   
Planar based headphones are basically full range ribbon drivers or very close to it, if I have my tech correct.

Here is a photo of the cheaper version of the large Infinity's from the 80's. The first photo is not Infinity but looks cool. 

5a8d9cc9b3355_RodsG1s.thumb.jpg.81c44ef14ffe753e5be32a3cdb1e38ce.jpg

refstan1.jpg.1a95453dfd7f251837d24bfb05f34756.jpg

Hey are you willing to sell your Carver M 500t?

I'm looking for one that works perfectly at a fair price but expect you to make some profit.

I thinking about buying one in June but figured I would rather have a up-graded MKII model that you have.

Plus people here at the site are always good about packaging properly and with a amp that's really important.

Thanks for your time. Steve 

Who are you talking to Steve, and why are you hijacking a thread about speakers? 

Next time please stay on topic and send the man a PM....