Well they always want you to introduce yourself at these things...

Hi.

My name is Jim.

So, not sure what or how this happened but... I ended up here after buying my first few Carver amps. Yes, first few tonight.

At first, it was the Cube on eBay... thought to myself: "Boy this cube amp looks cool and packs a punch... Yes, please. Sign me up!"

Then it was the M200t... "This little thing puts out what? I gotta have one..." On the hook for that...

Kinda got lost after that... it all got fuzzy... perhaps it was all the different wattages...

Ended the night with a TFM-35, M1.5t, then uh oh... what the hell is this MKII stuff??? Can't say "no" to a M1.0t ... Absolutely yes, gotta have the OPT2 as well.... 

I think bed, sleep, NOW is probably a good idea...

Thanks for listening...  I will try to bring some donuts next week and leave something for the coffee jar. LOL!

• Community Admin
Welcome to the site!!,

Barry said it - "[The Force] is strong with this one."

You are at the right place, Jim.  Lots of help here.  Some TFM 45's just changed hands here recently, you would have got sucked under that bridge, if I read your post right.  That's quite a line-up you have on the way.

OCCD is "Obsessive-compulsive Carver Collecting Disease."  We all have it.  We don't care anymore, we just share the needle (keep those pointing to the right) and take solace in the support group here.
 Party!

Welcome to the Carversite Jim. I'd say it sounds like you had a hell of a night - it could be scary if this becomes a chronic condition. Not to worry, you are in good company here - you'll find all kinds of "enablers" who will be more than happy to provide the type of encouragement necessary to empty your wallet and fill your home with some fine components. Even better, you can count on the members here to answer any questions or help resolve any issues you may encounter - it's a pretty amazing community. Glad to have you aboard.

Welcome to CS, Jim! You have found the place for group hugs, therapy, anonymity, ... . 

Pictures of your gear are always appreciated, even though you are waiting on some more deliveries.  

Thanks everyone! Awesome to be here! LOL, I know all too well about the force... we all know about the force and it's ok. Birds of a feather flock together... LOL!

BTW, I think the forum just crashed (not the server though)... Just thought I'd say something... 

...and oh yes it's bad... I am definitely not in denial. Fully aware about the excessiveness... Because well, all this is actually for a computer. This is for basically gaming.

Long story short, got into auto racing a few years ago and decided to build a racing simulator... A lot cheaper to just hit "restart" than losing your car to a fire (true story). Well, the project is ongoing. And uh... I'm fully aware I probably don't need 16+ speakers in a 3 by 5 foot space... and then needing the type power to drive all of it. We get the picture. LOL!

BTW, I think the forum just crashed (not the server though)... Just thought I'd say something... 

It is a known issue. There is a planned upgrade to the web-site which will address most of these issues. 

Jim (or Jason H), so glad you found us here at the CarverSite.  Great group of audiophiles who love ALL types of audio equipment with a slant of course toward Bob Carver creations.  

...and thank you for the introduction.  Always fascinating to hear an individual's journey into this craft.  Of course, pictures are always drooled upon; opinions are always varied (yet mostly productive ;--); and the technical knowledge is second to none. 

Stay awhile--and enjoy the music! Phones Phones Phones

Welcome aboard the Carver Express my friend.  Cheers Beer!

Image result for audio bullet train

Welcome Jim!

You have quite a beginning line up. Hope you didn't have any buyer's remorse the next morning after your online buying binge, like I have in the past. It's tough waking up wondering if it was a dream or if you actually hit "buy" and spent $1,100 in one click.

you can count on the members here to answer any questions or help resolve any issues you may encounter - it's a pretty amazing community. Glad to have you aboard.

Isn't that the truth! In all my years of being on various forums, this is the finest group of guys out there! You'll be glad you found this place. I know I am!

Welcome to The Carver Site!

Maybe once you get done building your gaming simulator, you'll get some Carver gear and build yourself a nice audio system as well.  

For sure, I can already tell we all share the same passion for this... we're not the types to sit around and just settle... we like to push the edge. Maximum performance. Stock is just so boring.

I do have a bit of remorse as I also bought a Klipsch R-12SW on Friday for less than $300. Also got a steal on a taller server rack... (but now it's going to be a tight fit again).  I pulled back on the M-1.5t cuz there's time and it does have a very noticeable hum. I'm sure maintenance can take care of it... it's in good physical shape. A lot better than completely DOA. I think I will take a minute to pick some brains. Other than that got the cube for less than $300 shipped... And I got this other random estate sale going for a Marantz MM7025... the bid is at $200 and the thing looks brand new. Not sure what Im going to do with it... most likely re-sell and pass along the savings.