Sunfire theater grand II & processor

Hi all. Glad to be here hope all is well in Carver land.

I've come I to a pair of Sunfire cinema grand five channel amp and Sunfire theater grand II processor. Extremely happy camper.

For now it's in the bedroom as I await my Sony STR 7045 to be back from full restoration. Then both Sunfire will be doing duties as home theater system paired to some Pioneer hpm 100's I picked up also at an estate sale. So far so good.

I apologise in advance for the sniffles .

https://goo.gl/photos/SUTApmWMYEW3QhX3A

• Thank You 1

Welcome to CS, RxOnMyMind! your video is much appreciated. Very nice gear. 

Can you post a picture of the STR-7045 so I can drool over it? 
  • Thank You 1

Have you tried the Sunfires on those Belles ?
Should sound exceptional
What is the piece of equipment to the far right, looks like an old JVC  or a Kenwood?
  • Thank You 1

Wow.  Great to have you here on the CSite forum, RXonmymind....with a video no less!  Very cool.

Now that your wife is hooked on Carver/Sunfire, maybe she will be posting in the near future.   Thumb up

Welcome aboard the Carver Express...great to have you on board.

Image result for california bullet train
  • Thank You 1

Have you tried the Sunfires on those Belles ?
Should sound exceptional
What is the piece of equipment to the far right, looks like an old JVC or a Kenwood?

Yes I have and it sounds SUPERB. Very clean without fatigue. Tons of headroom and oomph to gently tap those 15" woofers on low. Sweet highs, with dynamic fast midrange. A good sign of a gear is when listening to it on low at night near field and it STILL delivers the goods. The Sunfire did it in spades. This combo is a tad faster at delivering the music. Echos be it foot falls or sticks from drums don't "hang" as long. We're talking milliseconds but one can hear it in certain passages. But I can listen to these all day without fatigue.

I have there the Pioneer PL-707 TT and Sony 777 es CD player.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I've been a fan of Mr. Carver gear as long I can remember looking through the pages of stereo magazines while in the Air Force in 88-93.

Finally I get to hear them and what a treat it is!

Super efficient Klipsch Belle's, loads of Sunfire power... An explosive combo!

Welcome to the best site on the planet!

• Thank You 1

Welcome to CS, RxOnMyMind! your video is much appreciated. Very nice gear.
Can you post a picture of the STR-7045 so I can drool over it?

Lol. Sure here you go.

https://goo.gl/photos/DKfa5onCx8P9ujkm8

https://goo.gl/photos/MpwyHMkV4vp9a4nW7

https://goo.gl/photos/UuR7zD6V8yWGbhMC8

Paid $40.

Having it fully restored.

• Thank You 1

I have there the Pioneer PL-707 TT and Sony 777 es CD player.
Is there also an Escient Fireball married to the 777ES?

No sir. Just a Samsung tablet. Tried to make this entire system family friendly and accessable to all. Push a button on the Marantz then the Samsung and presto music. Even my young daughter has it down. Same goes for the Pioneer tt as it's automatic. Something unexpected happened as it brought the family together to LISTEN to music on more than one occasion. I think I succeed.

https://goo.gl/photos/79HS1r39fcAysGSBA

• Thank You 2

Something unexpected happened as it brought the family together to LISTEN to music on more than one occasion. I think I succeed.

That's the way it used to be when I was a kid. Dad would turn his system on, and we would all pile up in the living room to listen to some good music for a few hours. We would talk about various subjects and just have a good time TOGETHER.

It certainly isn't like that these days with my girlfriend and her kids. All they care about are stupid computer video games and their cell phones. Heck, they don't even come out and watch movies with us. Even when we go to my parents house, they sit there the entire time with their stupid cell phones plastered to their faces watching video game videos...  Brick wall

Man, I miss the good ole' days.

And sorry, didn't mean for the little rant. 
  • Thank You 1

Something unexpected happened as it brought the family together to LISTEN to music on more than one occasion. I think I succeed.

That's the way it used to be when I was a kid. Dad would turn his system on, and we would all pile up in the living room to listen to some good music for a few hours. We would talk about various subjects and just have a good time TOGETHER.
It certainly isn't like that these days with my girlfriend and her kids. All they care about are stupid computer video games and their cell phones. Heck, they don't even come out and watch movies with us. Even when we go to my parents house, they sit there the entire time with their stupid cell phones plastered to their faces watching video game videos... Brick wall
Man, I miss the good ole' days.
And sorry, didn't mean for the little rant.

It's all good. Thanks for sharing the story! Good to hear of past times.

Having a conversation is almost a rarity these days with kids but music brings them out.

Now our 11 month old grandson like our daughter bounce up & down to the music. I remember a lot of times my daughter in her diapers starting at eight months would hang onto the table and bounce & shake boogie woogie style to certain beats. Lol. Music is IN us as a baby. My whole point is I start them young around here!

• Thank You 1

Had a nice chat with Mr. Flannery and he recommended that I reprogram everything from the SGT I remote into another universal remote.

Anyone have a solid recommendation on which remote I should buy? As I understand it the back up battery within the original remote will die one day and it's not replaceable. Once it dies it's done. Thanks in advance.

Had a nice chat with Mr. Flannery and he recommended that I reprogram everything from the SGT I remote into another universal remote.

Anyone have a solid recommendation on which remote I should buy? As I understand it the back up battery within the original remote will die one day and it's not replaceable. Once it dies it's done. Thanks in advance.

You may want to consider a remote from the Logitech family, but be aware of the quirks which can beset these. 

• Thank You 1