Hello

Stumbled upon the site looking for help on fixing up my TFMs. Please see TFM-25 section if you can help. Got a really nice welcome there so figured I'd introduce myself. Long time music lover and fan Audio Video Interiors from too long ago to count. Is that magazine still a magazine? Do magazines still exist today? Crazy how time goes by. Lucky for me Carver has been there most of the way.

Below are some pix of my ever changing set up. Carver and Sunfire for the HT all in the rack on the right side. Tube pre and tube mono-blocks fed by a Basis turntable. Monday I got my Origin arm back from a rewire so the RB300 needs swapping out this week. Well for speakers I'm pretty sure most will know them. You either love the horns or hate them...I can appreciate both points of view. Custom crossovers in the three across the front. One thing is for sure they don't tolerate anything bad upstream. On the other hand when it is all good it is sublime.

I started off in the Detroit area of MI then PA now MD with time spent in Va Beach and Denver. 

Thanks for looking,
-Rich

Low light....so hard to photograph 
20171017070834821.jpg 
 Better with the light on. Don't mind the dog beds I should have moved them.
20171017070957818.jpg 
 Ah, the stuff the Carver crowd cares about Sunfire TG IV, 4 x TFM-25
20171017071207823.jpg 
 Not much here to look at except treatments and some of my handy work mounting a Heresy to the wall
20171017071423556.jpg 
 Some surrounds, tubes and vinyl
20171017071648578.jpg 
  • Thank You 12

Thanks all. It was two winters of trips to Home Depot and skinned knuckles. So many things I would do differently but it has been a fun road to travel. Funny how the speakers and amps can last a life time but I'm already in the dark (literally) ages with my projector and the TGIV does not have HDMI. 

I'll bring the single malt!

How about one of these for a new projector? I'll wait till they are on sale happy0009.gif

https://www.'>https://www.
sony.com/electronics/projector/lspx-w1s 

https://www.
sony.com/electronics/projector/vpl-gtz1 

(Links truncate and don't work if left on one line) 
  • Thank You 1

Very nice system indeed. I am a Klipsch fan myself, though I only own a full RF7, RC7, RS7(x4) HT setup at present in the Klipsch line.

You really owe it to yourself to try an M500t on your Khorns... I have never found a better pairing than the 500t and Klipsch. Although (as you eluded to) maddenly revealing, with clean source material and quality components upstream, the results are pure magic - unlike anything I have ever heard.

Welcome to the site!

• Thank You 3

• Community Admin
Oh boy, that is very nice!  Thank you for the pics.  Lots of ideas there.

I'm going to guess that you can access the back of that rack/stack from the other side!

Super set-up, thank you for sharing. 
  • Thank You 1

Thanks again for all the kind words. I like everyone's ideas on adult beverages looks like we have Cab and scotch covered. Since this is an intro post I might as well say I have the beer covered for movie night. I've been quite a serious home brewer for over 20 years. I typically have 8 on tap in a stainless dispenser that I restored inside and out. It dates back to 1961. Every guy that sees it loves it, every wife rolls their eyes. Looks like a stainless Mini or VW bug in the basement with 8 taps. The Perlick tech I had take a look at it was in his 70s and said they just don't make 'em like that any more. He seemed to really have a soft spot in his heart for it.

Yes the equipment is accessed from behind. Just past the right side of the rack is a small alcove if you open the closed door on the left you are inside the equipment. If you go right there is a pocket door and you are at the bottom of the basement steps. So you can access the room from "behind" and get to the equipment, behind the seats and the vinyl rig. Or you can come through those French doors seen with the black treatments and enter the room between the seats and the screen. I call that back pocket door my servants entrance because my wife and dogs know that is where the movie projector staff (me) does their thing.

• Thank You 1

"So many things I would do differently but it has been a fun road to travel."

I built a house and I had the exact same feeling. Could you share some of the things that you would have changed?

The theater looks great.

PhilDent

Love the Heresey's mounted up top. I have all Klipsch, as well.

{ ...a Pair KHorns with LaScala center, as you do, but mine are all Black. }

Also, have a Klipsch Home Theater system with the 4 RF7ii's and the RF64ii center.

You can't beat the LaScala for a center, though.

Thinking of moving the LaScala to my center in the home theater, and just use the RF64ii for the Back Surround.

My KHorn setup does NOT need the LaScala for 2-channel listening. The 'phantom center' is always there with the Heritage KHorns !

*I am using the Carver ZR1600's for powering my Theater setup, ...and have some tubes from Craig Otsby, from the Klipsch Forum, for my 2channel setup !

~Rock on ...

Welcome!

I gave up on the home brewing about ten years ago after 127 batches, but I still enjoy a good one when I get a chance.  And what a great room to enjoy one in.  Enjoy the brews and the sound.
  • Thank You 1