Cee-bang music library

RichP714

• 3 years later...
14 hours ago, RichP714 said:

Is the Music library still around?

I have all the files, but they're not on the new server yet. I'm also trying to fix Wimpy - I have a feeling the PHP version on the server is too high for that player. So, I'll probably have to find a newer Wimpy version to play with and even dedicate a page to music (as long as we don't get in trouble again, Arvixe forced us to remove all music because it was in violation of their policies).

9 hours ago, Nahash5150 said:

I have all the files, but they're not on the new server yet. I'm also trying to fix Wimpy - I have a feeling the PHP version on the server is too high for that player. So, I'll probably have to find a newer Wimpy version to play with and even dedicate a page to music (as long as we don't get in trouble again, Arvixe forced us to remove all music because it was in violation of their policies).

IIRC I bought a license for Wimpy that may have broken when you switched servers?

Oh, and I'm really digging the new platform; the effort involved, and capability gained is substantial

Edited by RichP714
  • Thank You 3

4 hours ago, RichP714 said:

IIRC I bought a license for Wimpy that may have broken when you switched servers?

Oh, and I'm really digging the new platform; the effort involved, and capability gained is sunstantial

I appreciate that Rich, and you are most welcome. I'll check into the license - I didn't know about that little bit...

It's been quite awhile, but there should be some configuration file in the directory that contains the exe (or it may be a php file, I don't remember)

That config file sets variables for the player, one of which is the license code (which I think is domain dependant).  I believe that without this config file, the wimpy player will not work.

I'm pretty sure I got all of it.

image.png.b0a7b1db19da1e6153a5f6507ff349d6.png

I had to fix some deprecated functions in the php file since this engine needs PHP 7.0 or higher. The Wimpy.PHP returns its version, and it compiles without errors now, still no dice. I also re-configed the html file with the customizer on the Wimpy website and transferred the license to a text file (which this version of wimpy should support) with little change in result. Running the PHP file shows the player with the song list, but is flagged as 'demo license expired'.

The license is hashed to the domain name, so, I'm at a loss for the moment.

• The topic was unpinned