Zoom

Best of Jalopnik. A daily pause for all you carfreaks out there.

10 hours ago, PrISM said:

My baby...

IMG_20180825_195240.thumb.jpg.1b1c87c14de24eff7eea261e76427e54.jpg

That color combination is the hottest on the road.  I love it.   

8 hours ago, 4RUNNER said:

image.jpeg.541856cc520a4597e57fd75fac4b33e3.jpegmy summertime ride bought new in 2014 have put 28, km on it very fun machine

I was looking for a liter bike  recently to replace my old CBR.  Found a 10 year old R1 for well under $5k off season.  I'm going to jump on one of those maybe this fall or next.  Got some work to do on my rig first.  

Priorities!!🤓

Edited by Zoom
  • Thank You 2

18 hours ago, Zoom said:

Found today on Jalopnik.   😎  Someone here has  a tt.   

https://jalopnik.com/almost-nothing-has-changed-about-the-2019-audi-tt-rs-an-1832378679

IMG_2341.JPG

I have a second generation TTS (my 2015). 

cquartz.png

Audi tends to refresh their design every five years; I'm glad I got into a mk II.  The mk III has virtual cockpit, which would be nice, but I don't like the 'hit with the kraut hammer' look of the mk III.

I'm up to APR stage 2+, with MSS springs and a performance haldex controller (plus little bits like aftermarket dogbone mount, diverter valve, turbo muffler delete)

• Thank You 1

2 hours ago, RichP714 said:

I have a second generation TTS (my 2015). 

cquartz.png

Audi tends to refresh their design every five years; I'm glad I got into a mk II.  The mk III has virtual cockpit, which would be nice, but I don't like the 'hit with the kraut hammer' look of the mk III.

I'm up to APR stage 2+, with MSS springs and a performance haldex controller (plus little bits like aftermarket dogbone mount, diverter valve, turbo muffler delete)

It just happened to be on Jalopnik FP yesterday and I thought about ya, Sir.  

I have 4-5 old Chrysler turbo cars.  I love tweaking them to perform how they shouldve come from the factory.  

A little freer air in, a little freer flow out.  Hot spark and more boost.  

Yep. 

• Thank You 2

19 hours ago, Zoom said:

.....I have 4-5 old Chrysler turbo cars.  I love tweaking them to perform how they shouldve come from the factory.  

A little freer air in, a little freer flow out.  Hot spark and more boost.  

Yep. 

That's particularly true of the TT.  When first released, there were a few deaths on the Autobahn ( roll over during high speed manouevres).  In response, Audi added a spoiler (all that was needed really), added stability control and de-tuned the suspension (numbed the response by reducing the rear anti-sway bar thickness, changed the control arm pivot).

This added considerable understeer, which Audi deem safer than oversteer.

Not really an issue driving up to 9/10, but when you really push it, it pushes

Thank the Autobahn drivers that want to be able to panic and introduce 180 of steering input at 220kph without flipping over.

Gave the vehicle a bad rep; needlessly

I've got her sorted now, and she's very nimble

This has been my baby since 2002.

1999 Harley Davidson Fatboy FLSTF with the Stage 3 Street Stalker Kit: 10.5/1 pistons, Screamin' Eagle 2 cam, Vance & Hines 2 into 1 exhaust, bored .030 over, Drag Specialties Compufire ignition, CNC heads, Mikuni carburetor, Harley Heavy Breather intake(not pictured). 

• Thank You 1
  • That Rocks 1