Sign in to follow this  
Rod H

Weird headline of the day

Would You Like Opium with That?

In an effort to hook his customers and keep them coming back for seconds, a Chinese noodle shop owner added a little something extra to his recipe: opium poppy seeds. The scheme was discovered when one of the shop's patrons failed a drug test after being stopped by police. Suspecting the noodles he had eaten earlier were to blame, the man enlisted some of his relatives test out his theory. After eating noodles from the same shop, they too tested positive for drugs. When confronted by police, the shop owner admitted to having laced his noodles with the banned substance.

Would You Like Opium with That?

In an effort to hook his customers and keep them coming back for seconds, a Chinese noodle shop owner added a little something extra to his recipe: opium poppy seeds. The scheme was discovered when one of the shop's patrons failed a drug test after being stopped by police. Suspecting the noodles he had eaten earlier were to blame, the man enlisted some of his relatives test out his theory. After eating noodles from the same shop, they too tested positive for drugs. When confronted by police, the shop owner admitted to having laced his noodles with the banned substance.

Oh, lets see, Noodles cost 20c a bowl. Opium costs $50 approximately a oz. Yea makes a lot of sense.

To keep customers coming back, I'll put a gold bar in each of these amps I sell. Speakers, get 2 bars, just for that extra customer value.

Cool.

Srinath.

Oh, lets see, Noodles cost 20c a bowl. Opium costs $50 approximately a oz. Yea makes a lot of sense.

To keep customers coming back, I'll put a gold bar in each of these amps I sell. Speakers, get 2 bars, just for that extra customer value.

Cool.

Srinath.

Actually, it said poppy seeds, not opium. BIG difference in price !!! 

Cool.

Srinath.

Actually, it said poppy seeds, not opium. BIG difference in price !!! 

But you dont get addicted to poppy seeds. Yea you wil lfail a drug test. Especially if you eat white poppy, but in much of asia its a garnish/spice. I've had plenty of it in sweet porridges etc etc. You dont even feel it. You may if you ate like 3 spoonfulls of it. Of course it also feels like you're eating sand so you dont eat it straight.

Maybe he was selling them such nicely spiced noodles that people will keep coming back. That is more likely to work than the addiction angle.

Cool.

Srinath.

A gas station sign posed in the south.......  

Don't be dissin' the south boyieeee !!! That sign ain't in da south !!!

Your right LOL  It's from the West    was no discerning diss intended to our southern neighbors, I always included myself as such with back ground from Ala. and being born and raised in Ok. myself emwink.gif 

‘Leprechaun’ who denied woman a seat on crowded TTC bus shamed on social media

I wonder what's worse; not letting a woman sit on a bus or making a comment like this;

“At the time I didn’t feel like standing around Pape station … for a pair of cops who would most likely be dicks and make me feel like I’m wasting their time,” she said when asked why she had not filed an assault report.

Where's the social media backlash regarding that?