Soooo... This forum isn't just a bunch of dusty old fats after all.... Hehehehehehehe

Centipede is a good "oldie" by Knife Party...
But this one will really get the blood pumping.

This forum software is really pissing me off!!!  I actually had to get a laptop out to post this...Brick wallBrick wallBrick wall

• Thank You 1

I love all (well maybe not ALL...) kinds of music, but nothing gets the blood flowing like a little Skrillex or Deadmou5. This stuff is the hands-down best thing to really stretch the legs of your system. If you got the muscle in your system, this stuff will scare the shit out of you...:-)

Oh, and I'm 44...;-)

Now your talking my language!

Got a couple videos to post later but you've already hit some of my favs.

James I am a BIG fan of trap city on YouTube myself.

Dano - Schiller sounds like House roots, from the Enigma experiment. msp_thumbup.gif

I don't agree that electronic music is as shallow as 'people dancing to a machine'. People are dancing to brilliant engineering, hardware developed from a passion to overcome problems, and musicians who in their own way are searching for something different, a new sound - just as their influences did in the 50's and 60's. Sure, sometimes music can sound like a polished turd - but fake, over-produced commercial shit pollutes every generation.

Point is, the electronics, hardware and know-how to produce synth sounds that express music took decades of science and engineering to realize, and so I believe that it is a part of the human soul, and can be exciting or frightening, depending on where the sounds came from. 

This is Trance, not to be confused with Techno, but still from the same atmosphere. Good slew rate test...

• Thank You 3

Soooo... This forum isn't just a bunch of dusty old fats after all.... Hehehehehehehe

LOL! Just turned 40 in October, still young by comparison. emwink.gif

Ah!! To be forty again.  I turned 54 in October but life begins at 50.  Isn't 50 the new 30????

Man, I sure as hell hope so! That would mean by the time I get to 60... 60 will be the new 40...

So for the next 20 years I won't age at all... HELL YESS!!!

I have been into EDM for most of my life. I was brought up on Frankie Goes To Hollywood, The Art of Noise, Phil Collins. Then came Deep Forest, Enigma... Then Crystal Method and Prodigy.

I have to admit, the 1st time I my son put on Skrillex, I was WTF is this shit??? And I hated it. But then I did a little research, listened to more of his songs, and I started hearing things I liked here and there.

There are still some types of EDM music I don't like very much, but there are some I REALLY like.