*Sneaks in* Boo!

Hi, Raven~

Good to finally see you over here! WELCOME!!

Thanks Gary!

LOL Love your rabbit icon. Now I'm wondering if the pancake is the latest in rabbit fashion or if the rabbit is saving it to eat later.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Raven !!

I am looking forward to meeting everyone at Carverfest this year.

Thanks for sharing Greg with us...  emteeth.gif

Brian 
  • Thank You 1

Just did some research on sups yesterday - so many out there, it's nuts.
Yeah most of them are hype, you'll find some of the ones that have been out on the market for over 4 years or so are a little more dependable. There's also trial and error, it just helps if you have a few different people to talk to about them. Being that our chemistry is a little different from person to person, some sups will be inert for individuals with a high metabolism, your body just passes them on.

My wife is more into eastern medicine, herbs, those kinds of things. Can't use her as an example for sups.

Yeah. I deleted quite a few out of the cart after researching them. They sure sounded good on the site - but... like the collagen, the research was so shaky that it seemed (and I could be wrong) that a wide spectrum amino sup might be better.

What was surprising was how difficult it was to find a multi that actually had all the macros and micro nutrients.

I'm into herbs as well, though I don't know a whole lot on the eastern medicine. It's an intriguing subject though as many of the eastern herbs have such potency. It'd be interesting to talk to her and hear about the eastern philosophy - maybe once we make our way out there one day.

Thanks Brian :)

Oh! You're coming to CF this year? That'd be great!

There's Bob Carver - just meeting him makes the trip worthwhile. He's such an energetic, spry and creative man. The people are wonderful, lots of food, gatherings, music, Greg & Robert usually have a network of benches set up to fix and test amps, beautiful scenery, hot tubs, drinking, cigars and the list goes on. An all-around fun time.

Welcome Raven,

My wife Randi, and I were at Carverfest last year for a short time. I think we met you briefly when I picked up an amp from Greg. We are planning to attend for most of the time this year and look forward to getting to know all of you better.

Ed

• Thank You 1

Thanks Ed!

I remember you guys :)  Looking forward to seeing you guys again this year. We're planning our time there better too, so we don't have to leave right before some of the festivities. We'll cabin 5 this year so the guys have an entire basement level to set up their work stations and gut amps.

Hi, Raven~

Thanks Gary!

LOL Love your rabbit icon. Now I'm wondering if the pancake is the latest in rabbit fashion or if the rabbit is saving it to eat later.

The rabbit's name was Oolong. The "pancake" is actually a Japanese confection, а red-bean pancake which consists of two small pancake-like patties made from castella wrapped around a filling of sweet Azuki red bean paste~
  • Thank You 2

• Community Admin
How Cool.

Welcome, Raven. Thanks for sharing Greg with us.

Just added your writing to my reading list !

I may need you to help me convince my wife to come to CarverFest this year.  Whistle

She tolerates my addiction (OCCD) and I know she could grow to be more involved. 

Cheers,
AJ 
  • Thank You 1

:P

Hush you.

n00bs are fun because we know just enough to get in trouble. So by default we're adding excitement. *nods*

Seems you're already on the fast-track to the Sandbox my dear... tongue0015.gif  

Don't do that, Jim's in there. happy0009.gif

I just heard the echoes from the throes of the sand box....somethin' about a Party Barn.....eusa_doh.gif

It seems I'm a bit late to the Party, ma'am.  Greetings and Welcome, Ms. Raven, from just south of you in GR.  

Greg and I chatted the first few weeks I started here and he is one of the reasons I stayed.  

There is something amazing going on here, the more you see the more you will agree.  Some of the most creative, opinionated, generous, free thinking people you will know.  

Once again, welcome to Carversite.  emnote.gif
  • Thank You 1

Welcome.  

My two daughters and I enjoyed "Apparitions".  Though my oldest said she was terrified to the end.  

That...is awesome! Send over your addy and I'd be happy to send you guys the last two books in that series. 

Welcome to theCarversite, Raven! emsmile.gif

Do you have your own sound system? If so, we love pictures! What kind of music do you listen to? 

Thanks Fill!

I steal Greg's system in the living room. Though, I've been trying to connive him into putting a sound system in the bedroom to compliment the TV system he has in there. Tube amp would be top on my list because I love tubes and the ambiance they add to the room - sort of like wee candles. With the Mirage Omnisats because they are sleek (and look like alien pods, which is a definite bonus), a C2 pre-amp and C9. That's my ambition for it anyway, not so sure he'll go tube though.

Music wise, I'll listen to and enjoy almost anything except slow, sappy, or tear-jerker type songs. I prefer songs that have high energy and tell a story (like most of Rainbow's songs) or are silly (like Rock Lobster or Weird Al) or both, no matter what genre it's labeled as. Genre-wise, anything from classic to punk to rap to R&B to country to electronic to new age to folk to...everything.

Though, my main listening is mostly rock of all spectrums.

Hi, Raven~

Thanks Gary!

The rabbit's name was Oolong. The "pancake" is actually a Japanese confection, а red-bean pancake which consists of two small pancake-like patties made from castella wrapped around a filling of sweet Azuki red bean paste~

Ah, the lovely dorayki. The kids love it. I made a ton of those for Christmas dinner, didn't take long until there was naught but crumbs left. *sniff*

Oolong is so cute! Pretty amazing how he can balance all that on his head. 

How Cool.

Welcome, Raven. Thanks for sharing Greg with us.

Just added your writing to my reading list !

I may need you to help me convince my wife to come to CarverFest this year.  Whistle

She tolerates my addiction (OCCD) and I know she could grow to be more involved. 

Cheers,
AJ 

Thanks! 

I'd be more than happy to help convince her. There's a lot for her to do, even if she doesn't want to spend 100% of the time listening to music. There's many gatherings. If she's a reader or enjoys quiet solo things like art or what not, the cabins have separate rooms. There's quite a few waterfalls and other natural attractions nearby, train tours, rafting, horseback riding. Lots of things to do for almost everyone's tastes.
  • Thank You 1

Welcome Raven glad to see you here! A lady's presence will class up the place.

Maybe I should change my Avatar
James

Thanks James :)

LOL I love your avatar! Twisted, fruity fruit. Please don't change it.
  • Thank You 1

:P

Hush you.

n00bs are fun because we know just enough to get in trouble. So by default we're adding excitement. *nods*

Seems you're already on the fast-track to the Sandbox my dear... tongue0015.gif  

Don't do that, Jim's in there. happy0009.gif

I just heard the echoes from the throes of the sand box....somethin' about a Party Barn.....eusa_doh.gif

It seems I'm a bit late to the Party, ma'am.  Greetings and Welcome, Ms. Raven, from just south of you in GR.  

Greg and I chatted the first few weeks I started here and he is one of the reasons I stayed.  

There is something amazing going on here, the more you see the more you will agree.  Some of the most creative, opinionated, generous, free thinking people you will know.  

Once again, welcome to Carversite.  emnote.gif

Thank you Zoom  :)

Glad to hear you stayed and are so close. We're oh, maybe an hour - give or take - from GR. Really hoping the west side avoids the snow we got last year. The kids were in school all of 6 or 7 days last January lol. It was interesting.

Tubes are like wee candles? Fascinating simile! eusa_think.gif But they are practical for a little light and heat... 

Please tell Greg that I told you that the B-52's sound best through a TFM-75, so he needs to park it in the bedroom for your exclusive listening pleasure. emwink.gif 

That C-2 is a rarity! I think they issue you a C-9 when you join the site...

I've seen Greg mention Omnisats a few times. I remember being intrigued by them when they first came out, but unfortunately I've never heard them. Definitely on the list!  

Welcome Raven, from Canada west......."Low bow"

Hope you get your second system wish....do you have sisters?....emwink.gif 

*curtsy* Pleased to meet you.

Thanks! It'd sure make watching movies in there a lot more dynamic. The built in TV speakers are as flat as the screen.

Alas, I'm the only girl in the family ;)