*Sneaks in* Boo!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an amazing welcome as you already know by now, Rave,  to which I add my own red carpet salutation from the caboose. Perhaps the characters here will find their way into one your stories? 
  • Thank You 2

Sheesh!  A woman walks into this place and you guys gush it up to 5 pages inside of 3 hours.  Get a girlfriend! Big Grin

Welcome Raven. 

ROTF  that was funny Rod.  I think it has a lot to do with the fact that she is "Queen Hashy"  happy0009.gif
  • Thank You 1

Howdy Raven and welcome to the forum. It's great to have a woman onboard who appreciates our toys and listens to music. 14.gif

And thanks for sharing Greg with us. He's a talented guy with a big heart, and he's a huge asset to the site.
  • Thank You 1

Welcome to the site Raven, glad to have you aboard.
Should be interesting getting a womans point of view on some of the many varied audio topics here such as the WAF of gear and placement.
Might help some learn the best ways to sway their significant others into becoming more receptive to allowing that huge set of dream speakers or whatever into the home..........   
  • Thank You 1

Welcome Raven.   I guess we can't lounge around in our sweatpants anymore or keep our hands warm by putting them through the shirt neckhole and under our armpits.
  • Thank You 1

Welcome Raven, I am looking forward to your... Womens perspective into Audio Gear Thread or the how really does WAF work Thread.

All fun and games aside WELCOME, we are looking forward to your womanly insight into this crazy hobby

• Thank You 1

Greg told me a while ago she liked the M-4.0t (black faced) amp that Mark bought from me...She has good taste in amps. msp_thumbup.gif

I love that amp! 

It's one of those 'Behold the Power!' amps. Explosions never sounded so crisp before.

Welcome Raven, I am looking forward to your... Womens perspective into Audio Gear Thread or the how really does WAF work Thread.

All fun and games aside WELCOME, we are looking forward to your womanly insight into this crazy hobby

Thanks!

It's a great hobby that improves the quality of listening - be it movies, games or music - which then enhances the experience, which then creates a more positive experience and positive home. Yup. That's my story and sticking to it ;)

Have to ask though as it's been mentioned a few times, what's WAF?

Welcome to the site Raven, glad to have you aboard.
Should be interesting getting a womans point of view on some of the many varied audio topics here such as the WAF of gear and placement.
Might help some learn the best ways to sway their significant others into becoming more receptive to allowing that huge set of dream speakers or whatever into the home..........   

Thanks Blues!

LOL Ahhh the keys to the brain and thought processes of the women types...I dunno. *hides the Great Orb* That's one of the mysteries of life that ought not ever be revealed! ;)

Wife Approval Factor - very hard for male-types to predict and plan for. Typically demonstrated when said male brings a new pair of speakers, subwoofers, etc. home as a result of a great "score". The level of excitement can be severely limited or even destroyed by a low WAF. Conversely, this level of excitement can be exponentially increased by receiving a high WAF.

emwink.gif 
  • Thank You 3

Wife Approval Factor - very hard for male-types to predict and plan for. Typically demonstrated when said male brings a new pair of speakers, subwoofers, etc. home as a result of a great "score". The level of excitement can be severely limited or even destroyed by a low WAF. Conversely, this level of excitement can be exponentially increased by receiving a high WAF.

emwink.gif 

Ah ha! Thanks B-Man

So then the opposite would be HAF for the Husband Approval Factor :D

ne·far·i·ous

/nəˈferēəs/

adjective

adjective: nefarious

(typically of an action or activity) wicked or criminal.

"the nefarious activities of the organized-crime syndicates"

synonyms: wicked, evil, sinful, iniquitous, egregious, heinous, atrocious, vile, foul, abominable, odious, depraved, monstrous, fiendish, diabolical, unspeakable, despicable; More

villainous, criminal, corrupt, illegal, unlawful;

dateddastardly

"the nefarious long-lost brother returns to steal Iris's inheritance"

antonyms: good

• Thank You 1