New Kid on the Cube

Welcome Uncle Meat!!!

I did much of the same when I was browsing back in the late 80s....I found a decent to me Kenwood reciever, and a pair of CVs to jam with.  (I still have both)  But I did LOTS of browsing into things that were waaay out of reach.  I heard my first pair of Maggies  and still remember the exact time and place.  Superior Sound, across from Classic Stereo, 28th street, Grand Rapids, MI.
And then I came upon a used M-200t, and was sooo proud....I ran that poor sucker at 3-4 ohms for days and weeks at a time....I still have it also.  It's never been touched.

Welcome to Carversite.  We all know why we're here.  Its a love for great, affordable audio.  And this is some of the best.  
  • Thank You 1

Hey Meathead! You are in my backyard. Where exactly are you. If you are under cover you can pm me. Hope to shout another member within 1000 miles! West coast Carver Club meeting soon! I got some goodies so come on back to the party. msp_thumbup.gif
  • Thank You 1

Thanks for such a warm welcome everyone. Again I am gobsmacked.

Yes, I was totally humbled getting to sit and listen to 20k C-J monoblocks on 10k Martin Logans; I was honored when the salesman let me peruse that gear. He knew I was a college student and would never be able to afford such equipment at the time but wanted me to hear what the pinnacle of high-end could sound like. I'm grateful for the experience because It helped me continue searching for the sound I liked. I was so close to buying a Rotel, then I auditioned the Parasound and Conrad Johnson and realized that there must have been something I missed because I knew I had heard warmer, musical and spacious sound in an integrated amp before and I just wasn't hearing it in the equipment I had auditioned. I'm not saying that Rotel or NAD or Parasound are bad per-se; It's just not what tickles my eardrums.

I live in the Walnut Creek/Pleasant Hill/Lafayette nexus of the east bay, Pmat. Where are you? Bay Area or Sacramento area?  I'd like to come to a Carver club get together if it's not too far away.

Thanks Show, yeah I just had to say what I think every newbie probably senses when they enter these forums and read about such nice things being done for eachother, and for people who just wander in the front door. An Audio Karma forum?!? who knew people could be so generous to total strangers (but forum aquaintances that become friends); you just don't see it very much in this day and age (aside from the noble few who do charity work).

I'm in Santa Rosa town at the edge of civilization. Carver west might be just me, you, slbenz and wrf (moderator) in the South Bay. Glad to have you around. Carver fest is the yearly gtg in the fall out in the Smokey Mountains. I hope to get there someday.