B-Man

Time For A Sip Of Jack !!!

Sadly, joined this wonderful site after Bill's passing.His spirit still lives on in all the giving members of this site. I would be proud to have a drink with you all in Billd memory.

Wayne 

I didn't know Bill but I love how the site remembers him. I feel like I know him through you guys. Happy Birthday to Bill.

Agreed....Pretty cool how you guys still remember him and give him all the credit he deserves. Happy Birthday Bill 

What else can be said that can't be said any better than the salutations afore mentioned.  What an honorable man being celebrated by such a devoted following. I too was inducted after Bill's passing, but his spirit has always been here on CS and admired by all.  

Just got home from work. Going to break out the Jack and have one for Bill while listening to something suitable (which means whatever strikes me at the moment) while I toast...Cin Cin Bill!!

Just got home from work. Going to break out the Jack and have one for Bill while listening to something suitable (which means whatever strikes me at the moment) while I toast...Cin Cin Bill!!

I'm sure Bill would tell you to enjoy the music!

FYI: Bill and Nancy attended a Norah Jones concert shortly before he was hospitalized. I remember him raving about how much they enjoyed it.  

I'm sure Bill would tell you to enjoy the music!

FYI: Bill and Nancy attended a Norah Jones concert shortly before he was hospitalized. I remember him raving about how much they enjoyed it.  

Awesome! I love Norah. I was in a Pink Floyd mood. Played "Wish You Were Here"... loud! At a full 2 O'Clock position on my C-1. 

Enjoy the music everyone 

Happy Birthday Bill
Thank you for all the time and effort you put into the C-1 Mod and freely shared with all.
Also thank you for recapping my M-500.

My last interaction with Bill was about my second M-500 that was giving him fits in trying to trouble shoot it prior to a full recap. (the infamous Birthday Candle Amp, he had nicknamed it such because it had produced flames on more than one occasion)
He felt bad that he did not have it completed before he went into the hospital for the last time, so he swapped mine out with his personal M-500 to make sure I was taken care of,
Truly A Class Act.

Heres to you, our old friend,
CHEERS AND WE MISS YOU !

Blues Pwr....................
  • Thank You 3

Touching tributes, thanks for sharing stories about someone I'm not familiar with, but hope to bring one of his mods home some day. Before this thread I did not realize the BillD that I saw referenced so often on this site was a person and not a scientific reference, due to the hallowed tone it carried.  Cool to know the whole story.

I never had the pleasure to meet Bill nor did I get to correspond with him. However, the passing away of anyone who kept audiophile gear going and wore a Dark Side of the Moon T-shirt is a loss for us all. I'll raise a wee dram of scotch to him now!

• Thank You 1

I never had the pleasure to meet Bill nor did I get to correspond with him. However, the passing away of anyone who kept audiophile gear going and wore a Dark Side of the Moon T-shirt is a loss for us all. I'll raise a wee dram of scotch to him now!
Bill was a kind and generous man. Fondly remembered by all whose lives he touched. I am proud to be part of this group that he enjoyed so much. Stick around, Steve, you seem the sort we like around here!

Happy Birthday, and RIP Bill.

While we never met either physically or online, I'd still like to thank you for breathing new life into vintage Carver gear, and sharing your knowledge and modifications with the world.

I'll raise a couple of fingers of 18 year old Glenfiddich in your honor later today.

• Love this! 1