At the risk of embarassing myself.

So I have recently reawakened and am trying to build a system that will make me have that giddy feeling,on an elastic band keeping my shoe on budget.Here's what I have found so far,2/ M1.5t 's 90$ for the pair.(going in to be serviced by a site approved facility)and ct 17 tuner/pre.100$ So here's the thing I have a pair of cv-at 15 and a pair cv- d8 and a pair of Yamaha ns670. Am I doing these amps injustice by using these speakers? I am very green, any type of help would be appreciated.I listen to mainly old and new rock.

Yeah that's a great start. I'm sure you'll get tons of enjoyment. Remember, it's a journey. Your ears will develop along with your musical tastes. Each speaker set will bring it's own strengths and some will have them all. Those amps are really powerful so don't blow up your speakers. Have fun.

Welcome to the OCCD site . You are on your way. Please post pictures of your system when you can.lots of good people here that will be able to help you out with any questions you have.  We have another Canuck, Yeh. 

Wayne 

Thanks for a warm welcome.I have to confess I have never heard anything carver and was motivated to start buying this stuff because of a brochure of Bob's that I read as a teenager that has never left me.you can't get any greener than that and i'm probably more excited than an old guy should be.

Bob was quite a salesman; he's still selling his stuff subliminally!! But he's also an audio genius with a PhD in Physics to back up his audio design work and theory on various designs like Sonic Holography.

After 40+ years in audio, I have had the same feeling from time to time. As stated before, it is a journey, and there is nothing wrong about learning. A good friend of mine in Florida is usually finding all kinds of old used equipment at great prices. Most importantly, he enjoys what he finds.

What kind of music do you listen to? Do you like the subtle details and nuances of music, or are you more into visceral impact? How big is your listening room? Is it bright (wood/tile floors, lots of hard surfaces), or muted (carpet, thick curtains, big couches)? These things all play into your gear choices.

There IS NO SUBSTITUTE for hooking as many different components/speakers up in YOUR listening environment, and listening to YOUR music. It's the only real way to develope your personal preference profile for gear:-)

Oh, and there is no destination or finishing point - it's all about the journey, and going back to your favorite places:-)

I believe the best plan now is to get everything cleaned and serviced so as not to damage and get what I'm looking for out them.
Thats a good plan IMHO.That way you can start off  fresh and avoid the chasing issues between components.Good way to avoid frustration.You got a great deal and the service work is money well spent.