New member saying hello

New to the forum thing not much of a poster, found the site while looking for repairs and mods for c-1 m1.0 set up I recently purchased. Bought new back in the late 80's had them stolen about 2000, finally scratched together the funds and time to replace, got the c-1 eBay and the m1.0 local clist. lots of gret info hear thanks .... David

Howdy David and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to say hello. 

The C-1 and M-1.0t are very popular and the BillD and MKII mods bring out the best in them.
Are you planning to do the mods yourself or looking for someone to do them for you?

While you're here please tell is a little about yourself, your taste in music, your audio system, etc.
Photos are always welcome and greatly appreciated!

...Bought new back in the late 80's had them stolen about 2000 ...

This is a reprehensible act in my book. Perhaps there is a story there that you would like to share? 

And... Welcome, David. 

will not be doing the mods myself have the skill level but not the patience, have set up with wayne to do the mods, the date is along way off but sounds like it is well worth it. My system has a dual cs5000 tt, denon dvd2800 for cd, and kef 104/2 for the 2 channel set up. Use a denon 3100 for 7.1 all with kef speakers. Not sure how i'm going to use the c-1 but had to have it back

• Thank You 1

...Bought new back in the late 80's had them stolen about 2000 ...
This is a reprehensible act in my book. Perhaps there is a story there that you would like to share?
And... Welcome, David.

step son decided he needed drugs more than I needed my equipment. (he is doing much better now) the past can't be changed forgave forgot. (read I was not perfect either)

Bravo and quite forthright. Good on you. Parenting is not for the meek if you give a $:/&@:;$-. Those Carver components are incredible after refurb and I'm sure you'll be blown away. Wayne is awesome and I'm not sure which Wayne, but they are all awesome.

• 1 year later...
Glad to have you onboard. Kind, generous & knowledgable folks here, thanks for the introduction, keep your dial tuned to the site!