GlenH

Carver in the media

I was watching The New Yankee Workshop with Norm Abram on my local PBS station and spotted a familiar face.  Sitting on a shelf near the barn door is a Carver MXR series receiver.  It's visible in the upper right corner of this photo from the New Yankee website.  I don't know whether it's hooked up, or merely a prop; it's not used at all in the program.

20100103111959706.jpg

As it is a set I would think he would have said woh I'll take that, to the tv people thats is. However maybe he use's it when he builds stuff.

What I am saying is as someone who works in TV my thinking is TV sets and real wood shops dont mix well but then again... I don't know..

eusa_clap.gif A few years ago, I recorded an episode of The New Yankee Worshop and I noted the Carver receiver on the shelf.  I imagine he uses it when staining etc as one cannot have distractions when using power tools.  I am sure Norm uses superior dust collection equipment eusa_shifty.gif and therefore the receiver is perfectly safe.

Have you ever seen any Carver gear in a movie or TV show or a commercial ?

And or really high end gear ?

1)  Last Sun. while helping Bluesman57 install the Blue LED's in his TFM-15CB, the movie "Small Soldiers" was on and he pointed out a scene where Phil Hartman was adjusting his new big screen TV they showed his equipment in the entertainment center above the TV and he had a Carver A-220 amp and a A-753 it was kinda dark but you could clearly see the two power meters on the A-220 & the three meters on the A-753.

2)  A while back someone posted a picture of the " New Yankee Workshop " with a MXR reciever in the book case in the background.

3)  Bluesman also said that in " Ferris Buellers Day Off " he has Carver equipment in his bedroom haven't checked that out yet.

4)  The Lee Marvin movie "Point Blank" has a scene in it at a Hollywood old style mansion that has a really high end system with a reel to reel and a mixing board built into the counter.

Has anyone else noticed any Carver gear or other High End equipment in a movie or TV  show or a commercial ?   

I could have sworn there was already a thread on this.

In Jurassic Park II, there are some TFM series amps in the trailer scene when the T-Rex's are trying to get their baby out.

High end equipment in the movie" The Generals Daughter "
w/ John Travolta, and James Woods; When Travolta goes to Woods home to arrest him he has a componet system and puts on a album on a really high end turntable and the speakers look to be Klipsch Cornwalls, system sounds good and very loud  

Just saw a Honda Acura commercial,
showed several men talking about different types of metal in the last or next to last segment a black gentleman is talking and beside him on a table is a real nice Tube Amp,
not sure what make and model but someone else may be able to determine what it is.......  

Ferris Bueller had some Carver gear in his bedroom:
(top to bottom) M-500t, Audio Source EQ-ONE, DTL-100, Receiver 2000 
20121110190620685.jpg 

The album next to the TV is Brian Ferry's Boys and Girls
20121110190655924.jpg 

E-MU Emulator II keyboard/synthesizer on the table beside him 
20121110190731859.jpg 

Sweet hollow body, single-cutaway, white pearl guitar with gold hardware (Gretsch White Falcon maybe?).
(That appears to be a Bose 901 speaker to the right of his guitar and an IBM PC on his desk.)
20121110190933113.jpg 

Fender Bassman guitar amp on the far right
20121110191525243.jpg 

Y'know, I caught that a couple weeks ago but had no idea how to post a captured frame so I didn't post at all fearing cries of, 'Yeah! Sure kid!"  Good on ya, Gene, for getting it done.

Not sure that was Bernie Mac though considering he died in 2008. 

Y'know, I caught that a couple weeks ago but had no idea how to post a captured frame so I didn't post at all fearing cries of, 'Yeah! Sure kid!"  Good on ya, Gene, for getting it done. Not sure that was Bernie Mac though considering he died in 2008. 
Yeah took a still photo with the iphone, was watching on the DVR. Sorry, meant Adewale Agbaje. Think Transformers was the last movie i saw him in. He was an awesome actor. RIP Bernie.

The stereo in the movie Uncle Buck has Carver gear in it. Looks like the bottom three pieces for certain. Possibly a 1.0t or 4.0t, as it has a power switch. The middle unit is a Carver CD player, DTL-100 most likely, and the bottom unit appears to be a Carver receiver. Anybody got this movie on Blu-ray?