TX-11 - blue lights - plus

evilmainer

I have a TX-11, and wanted to inquire if anyone has exchanged the red lights for blue ones?  My c-1, and M-500t have the pretty blue lights and the tuner's mad red is throwing off the calm mojo.
Secondly, my up and down search buttons tend to stick sending the signal up and down with out stopping.

FYI - I did spend a few minutes searching these topics, but also just wanted to say hello to the group, good health to all, and Happy Jamming!!

Thanks -  

I've contemplated doing a 'blue' tuner or receiver. Lots of work. The sticking buttons is easier- take it apart and clean the contact pads with rubbing alcohol 92%. 

• Thank You 1

There are 22 red LEDs - 6 for signal strength, 13 for station select, 1 for Memory, 1 for tuning lock, 1 for stereo
There are also green LEDs for FM and AM (a and b only) and Auto Tuning but I'd leave them the original color.
  • Thank You 1

The sticking buttons is easier- take it apart and clean the contact pads with rubbing alcohol 92%.

Not rubbing alcohol, please. It usually has stuff added to it that you do not want on your electrical contacts.

There are 22 red LEDs - 6 for signal strength, 13 for station select, 1 for Memory, 1 for tuning lock, 1 for stereo
There are also green LEDs for FM and AM (a and b only) and Auto Tuning but I'd leave them the original color.

Thanks Zumbini and others. I'd love to get the entire system in blue, but figured it would be expensive or not realistic.  I recall getting the unit via C-list for $20 and it is my first tuner ever and I love it.  It is very effective, with the harbor 6 miles to my east and mountains directly to my west I've never had reception. Not the case now. 
Spray has been order, thanks all!