Why Bob Carver... Why?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
20160229140229575.jpg20160229140435324.jpg20160229140518769.jpg20160301120843797.jpg
Well as promised, I have included some pics. With the amazing systems shown on this site, I know I'm in good company scratching the surface of the Carver disease. I also included a pic of the original receipt of my AL silvers as this is the day I hit my head and came up with the flux capacitor--I mean the day I started the Carver journey to what I finally have today. (only took me 26 years!) Big Grin
Setup includes:
Silver AL's each powered by Carver A500x 800W bridged mono.
Monitor Audio Gold C350 Center Channel powered by Carver TFM-55x 1000W bridged mono
Bose 601 Series III for surround plus Orb Audio for rear surround as well as 4 Ceiling mounted Atmos speakers all powered by Sunfire Signature Cinema Grand 7x400W Amp.
SVS Ultra PB13 1000W sub
Velodyne SPL1200R 1000W sub
BSR passive sub hooked to Bose 601's
Processor is a Marantz SR7010
Digital inputs: Marantz 5007 BluRay, Apple Airplay, Apple TV, Bluetooth, HD Radio, Pandora, Spotify, Dell Media Server running Itunes, Sirius XM, Motorola Cable box, Internet Radio
Gaming systems: Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, Wii, MSI gaming computer
Power Conditioners: Panamax PM5400 and APC H10BLK
Displays: Samsung 1080p & Optoma 1080p 3d projector, 120" electric screen
Cables & Connectors: Monster Exterminator 12 gauge screw type
Phono: None
Other: Thermostatically controlled cabinet fan & IR repeaters
Favorite Listening: Led Zeppelin and John Williams at 80%
Wife's face: priceless
  • Thank You 2

Thanks B-man.  
My wife says I can't hear now.
I say it's just selective!
BTW, when I showed my daughter the post & pic, she said I did not mention her battery operated talking parrot seen in the top right corner of the pic.
Now her world is complete (and so is mine Big Grin ).

Oh and about the wife...

I have a good excuse sometimes...

AMP TEST! (gotta make sure it sounds just right before I ship it off) eusa_angel.gif 
That's my excuse for running it loud sometimes at my house....especially after working on one of my pieces........Big Grin

• Thank You 2

• 11 months later...
Hey CSite,
Today (February 9th, 2017) is the one year anniversary of when I joined the CarverSite family.  In fact, I resurrected my very first post from one year ago today.

After much knowledge and wisdom gained, I want to thank all of you for your efforts in furthering this site's fan base as well as sharing your experiences--both audio & other topics.  Truly a unique audio family here.

A special thanks to Rod (Doh-R) who kick started my vinyl collection with the gifting of some of his discs to me when we purchased our first turntable after joining:

20170209102456901.jpg 

A special thanks to 4krow who did my first CSite mod -- a hot rodded C9: 

20170209102855213.jpg 

A special thanks to Loner_t who encouraged me to purchase a turntable after this original post (which led to Rod's vinyl gift).
  20170209104447975.jpg 

...and of course to so many other's here (too many to name) for their countless advice on acquisition's, mod's, upgrades, etc....

Below is a year ago (February 9, 2016) pic....:

20170209103428315.jpg 

...and then a February 9, 2017 pic:   (OCCD runs rampant!)  OCCD
20170209103609393.jpg 

Looking forward to what Hashy and his team are going to roll out shortly with the new site while paying homage to the folks who have blazed the way with this site's original roll-out many years ago on December 20, 2008.

As always, enjoy the music powerfully, accurately, and effortlessly...on Carver equipment of course!!  Phones Phones Phones
  • Thank You 5

Congrats to the anniversary.
Nice set up you have, but where is the taking parrot in the corner? happy0009.gif

The essence of the Talking Parrot has been captured inside the Carver Research Lighstar.

• Thank You 1

Congrats on your one year anniversary, and thanks for being an active participant. Your contributions are appreciated.

+1

.....and plus another.

• Thank You 1