Another New Guy Here

Considering I have not purchased any vinyl since 1985 when began listening to CDs ..... My collection includes Sinatra to Quadrophenia.

I don't get the equator joke but I do live closer to the sun than most.

Hey thanks Itch.

I had an extensive tape collection which then morphed into a CD collection like you and many of us here.

I think my first LP album ever purchased was the soundtrack from Oliver which I was excited about because it was in "stereo"! I played it on my new Panasonic 3 in 1 purchased at Service Merchandise. I also had Gary Numan's "The Pleasure Principle" and the Film score from Rocky. That's it Played them over and over. Kinda lame but that was the start of my audio journey.

Welcome to the form itchy! eusa_clap.gif

Sorry to hear about that shipping damage. The seller on Ebay should be reported - that is inexcusable treatment on his part of rare vintage equipment.

I'm suspicious of this amp's history though. That is my address, but I do not send a printed label of my address with the user's guide. I also do not use Rich's sticker.

Something is not right with this guy. If you were able to open the top, I could tell you very easily who did the mod (us wise techs leave 'easter eggs' behind that no one else knows about...a secret signature if you will).
  • Thank You 1

Welcome to the site itchitch

This is a great site to learn and get OCCD.

Lots of good people here STICK AROUND A WHILE.

You will know what im talking about.

If you love music and carver audio its the place to be.

Unfortunately the dopey seller didn't pack it well and it arrived damaged. The seller was Canadian but it looks like the mod was done for someone from Georgia in September of 2012.

I posted this on another thread (and incorrectly, intending to post it here instead Brick wall). Do you want to consider this as a suitable donor?  

Do I dare say Fox news never looked or sounded so good!

An understatement for sure, but you can still clearly see how slanted Fox is. 

PLEASE, NO POLITICS!  

• Thank You 2

Welcome to the form itchy! eusa_clap.gif

Sorry to hear about that shipping damage. The seller on Ebay should be reported - that is inexcusable treatment on his part of rare vintage equipment.

I'm suspicious of this amp's history though. That is my address, but I do not send a printed label of my address with the user's guide. I also do not use Rich's sticker.

Something is not right with this guy. If you were able to open the top, I could tell you very easily who did the mod (us wise techs leave 'easter eggs' behind that no one else knows about...a secret signature if you will).

20160409132843285.jpg 
20160409132927229.jpg 
20160409133014491.jpg 
20160409133255467.jpg 

Let the hunt begin! 

We don't want to lose you Itchy!

Hopefully the OCCD bug has caught you. I am sorry to hear about your amp. Hopefully you get back up on that Carver horse and rebuild vs riding into the sunset.

Welcome,,,I'm a newbie my self. The Carver people are the greatest.

Not trying to hijack this thread silver7tClyde but have you posted your latest man-cave pics with those silver 7t's? Those are awesome. Would love to see an update. Maybe a motivational pic for itchitch!

You're not going to lose me...

There are two 1.0t amps for sale here in Denver.

I have a M&K speaker I may trade in and buy both of them to be mkII mod as I move up the list.

I bought the 500t because I love the meters!

We'll see if mine was truly a mkII soon.

Can you take the bottom cover off and show us the transistors mounted on the heat sink?

Dennis,
I tracked down the previous owner of this and he said that Richard did the mod.
Can you tell from the pics above if that looks right?

Thanks!