Sign in to follow this  
dcl

Moog @ CERN

From our friends @ Moog: She blinded me with science! Très cool!  Cool Would love to hear this through the stereo (no can do, caveman). Who can do it,? Anyone here ever play a theremin? 

• Thank You 6

I spent a year in West Bend, WI working for my brother's company Electra Signs in the late 70's.
We painted just about anything that didn't move including building, silos, and even an airplane.

I became friends with a musician who called himself "Zappacco" (the pirate) and wound up refinishing his guitar.
He owned some cool gear including a Gibson guitorgan and a vintage RCA Thereminvox and I got to play both.
It looks easy but it took me about a month of practice to make anything resembling music with the theremin.

Here's a few photos of the Zappacco guitar. I did the body work, hardware, tuning and intonation. 
20160805150846182.jpg 

Brother Matt did the paint (Strathmore White White base, cream lettering, metallic blue to silver fade scrolls on rear).
20160805151727159.jpg 
  • Thank You 4

Thanks, dcl! Dorit Chrysler rocks! party.gif

And I did play it through the Silvers with an M-1.5t. Like you might expect, the pure tones of the theremin set the bad ribbon buzzing like crazy. But the bass was impressive!

Considering the synchrocyclotron is itself just a big oscillator, and can be modulated at audio frequencies, she might be able to actually plug in and play it...
  • Thank You 1

"Like you might expect, the pure tones of the theremin set the bad ribbon buzzing like crazy"

You read my mind Phil! When I first heard this play, I thought to myself --that frequency will either shine or bring out the bees in the ribbon.

I'm excited to play this thru the Carvers but am fearing the dreaded buzz.

• Thank You 1

Imagine James Bond strapped down to the Cyclotron as the villain, femme fatale Dorit, taunts him with diabolical serenade. "Good-bye, James."

Imagine James Bond strapped down to the Cyclotron as the villain, femme fatale Dorit, taunts him with diabolical serenade. "Good-bye, James."

Contemporary version of Othello (and Desdemona) with music by Synchrotron.  

• Thank You 1

Stickers