Was looking for a CD to play and came across.......

BillWojo

My copy of the Carver Reference Disc 2014 that Daddyjt put together for the members here. I was a new member at the time and asked if I could have a copy and he gladly sent me one. It's a 2 disc compilation that the members helped put together and Daddyjt made all the copies, art work and than preceded to mail out to the members. What a ton of work! Anyway, I hadn't listened to it in a while and it is an amazing collection of music of all different types. It's nice to step outside of my normal? listening habits and be reminded of some of the great artist out there.
Through this forum I have been introduced to a number of artist I would have other wise over looked. 
Anyway, I want to put a big Thank You out there to Daddyjt for his unselfish work and time he devoted to this project. 

BillWojo
  • Thank You 7

By the way for anyone pulling out there copy, side two, last track is a series of frequency sweeps, make sure you turn down the volume for this, the high frequency's at high volume might damage your tweets! It actually let me hear the bumps and valleys in the frequency response curve of my Altec horns. Pretty cool.

BillWojo
  • Thank You 1

so what about the rest of us? Are we stuck with no CD? Pfft. (grumbly face)

Come on now! I"ll even wish you luck

Mark or Dom or somebody here knows the link to download it.
  • Thank You 1

Chis Rea - Road To Hell, Bela Fleck - Flight of the Cosmic Hippo, Supertramp - Brother Where you bound, Dire Straits - Across the River are favorites of mine. 

The overall collection is fantastic. Gorecki just makes me cry a lot, so I stay away from it. 

Thanks, DaddyJT.  Applause

"The overall collection is fantastic. Gorecki just makes me cry a lot, so I stay away from it. "

That was one of my submissions, L_t. Shhh Near finalizing the project, I asked Daddyjt to omit the track; to me it was part of the entire, sidelong  emotional soundscape–one long elegiac composition, in three movements, an entire CD–as well as sonicscape–from very quiet to deep and full string sonority. Out of context of the whole piece, I thought it did not best fit a reference disc. I demurred but DaddyJT graciously deflected my doubts. Like you, it does make me wistful.
  • Thank You 1