Star Wars TFA 2LP Hologram Vinyl

maytag

• 10 months later...

What a find- excellent video and creative work. The mind wonders what this technique could hold for future technology- not only listening to vinyl in a carver 3D soundstage but also 3D Animations with each DISC.My uncle who loved his M-400, would have appricated to have seen this.Rest his soul.First post, excited to be part of the Carver family and learning more about Carver products.

19Joey81

Scotland

UK

What a find- excellent video and creative work. The mind wonders what this technique could hold for future technology- not only listening to vinyl in a carver 3D soundstage but also 3D Animations with each DISC.My uncle who loved his M-400, would have appricated to have seen this.Rest his soul.First post, excited to be part of the Carver family and learning more about Carver products.
19Joey81
Scotland
UK

Great to have you on board the Carver machine joey.  So glad you found us.....from Scotland no less!

I picked up this vinyl for my kids and we love it.  I have a pic here.  Fun getting back into vinyl and introducing the kids to the experience.  Hopefully they will carry Bob's products on into their generation.

How did you get into Carver creations? 

Hi asian7 & Phildent, great to hear from you guys and welcoming me to the Carver family.Sorry about the time delay, the weather is usually quite mad in Scotland, but fantastic if you like listening to music.So to

Carver- a friend of the family, my hi fi guru, had a lot of high end audio setup, sound proofed garage and then he stuck a little box 'tonpower the whole lot- a Carver M-400

What a find- left an impression.So this week I have imported my first Carver product- a Sd/A-410 CD player.

I am a vinyl and valves fanatic, so interested in Bobs cd with valves onboard design. To see if CDs are actually listenable. Any thoughts?

Kind Regards

19Joey82

Hey Joey - welcome! Glad you're here.

I own a 490t, which is one of Carver's CD players with the tube output stage. I find that it does a very nice job, especially with the older CDs, and CDs that may not have been produced with the highest quality standards. It tends to "smooth things out", and improve the sound, in my opinion.

I hope you find it to your liking, and let us know if you have any questions!

Great to hear from you Daddyjt, from what I have read the 490t is rated one of the best from Carver Is it the one to go for. Any ideas on the others.I read the early Carver CDs weren't the best.Question- does the Carver output through the tubes to the analogue out phono direct to the Pre amp.I am also going to see how the Sd/A-410 Performs as a transport via a 32bit DAC in another amp via digital coaxial. I suppose this will bypass the tube output stage. Any thoughts.

Best Regards

Joey

19Joey81.  Please start a new thread in the "Welcome" section  found here --->   WELCOME WAGON

That is the appropriate place to introduce yourself and tell us about your system.  Welcome.