Passing through 500

HappyTrails

Passed the 500 mark Christmas Day cleaned and categorized in my vinyl collection. 

Have another box to clean in the que.   For those interested in my cleaning process search for my DIY ultrasonic thread.  I've added a spin clean with distilled water and a few oz IPA as my rinse with air drying.

20161226035442343.jpg 

• Thank You 1

Congrats on your cleaning! I only have 20-30 old vinyls but my wife bought me a spin clean for Christmas to clean them with. I haven't tried it yet but hopefully this week I can........grin

Congrats!

I used to have a huge vinyl collection but gave it all away in the late 80's.  Over the past 5 years I've been slowly rebuilding it.  As of Christmas I'm back up to 245.  

I gave a big part of my collection to my brother in-law.  He had well over 10,000 vinyl records.  He had it all categorized in a bed room floor to ceiling with isles to walk through.  It was amazing.  He was a former DJ on the radio, Director at the U of I Assembly hall and now works for Ohio State at the Nationwide Arena The Schottenstein Center and is "The Arena Guy"  He sold off thousands when he moved to Ohio but kept his favorites. Over the past few years he has given me back albums that he comes across that used to be mine.  (I had my name on all my albums from college so my roommate wouldn't take them).  This year I got back a small stack lol.

Make it 246 the mail just came with a vinyl present.   
  • Thank You 1

I remember well, we built one about the same time.  I've cleaned over 500 lps myself and put them in the cabinet I built which I also posted on the site.  I made 2 of them, but gave one to my daughter and now looks like I'm going to need to build another one LOL

Congrats on your cleaning! I only have 20-30 old vinyls but my wife bought me a spin clean for Christmas to clean them with. I haven't tried it yet but hopefully this week I can........grin

The spin clean works quite well.  Not sure if you remember my ultrasonic post but I did some microscope magnification of various cleaners, one of them with SC.

My latest setup is 30 min in the US cleaner, which is distilled water, 99% IPA and Trition x-100 @ 30c.  Then I take them to the spin clean with a distilled water 90%IPA for a few turns in both directions then hung to air dry 

20161227121503474.jpg 
  • Thank You 1

Passed the 500 mark Christmas Day cleaned and categorized in my vinyl collection. 

Wow 500 lp's clean and in order.
That is impressive!msp_thumbup.gif

I have no idea on the lp count in my collection.
But it measures around 13 or 14 feet. eusa_think.gif

• Thank You 1