VICE NEWS

stevenlevel

Vice News had a story last night 3-15-17, about the comeback of vinyl and why vinyl makers think that it has come back after all the years with CD sales being dominate since they came to market.

They stated that in 2016 that vinyl out sold CD's for the first time EVER!

When asked why the resurgence the guy being interviewed stated

"It started with the Millennial's trying to be different."

" People like to see mechanical things moving about."

"That watching moving parts that all work together to make music is embedded in all of us."

I really enjoyed the comments this guy offered and I can't recall his name but it was in England where he found some old record pressing machines to get his record stamping business going.

They then talked about new presses produced,that he was the Guinea Pig and the first to buy and use these new type of pressing machines for vinyl.

Big fan of Vice News and Bill Mahar who produces the show. Long my they reign, giving us the real news that so many of us long for now a days. Cool

• Thank You 3

Oh I agree completely with that. I found getting back into vinyl a lot of fun and the artwork is a big part of that. Just buying good 1/2 speed re-masters and 180 to 200 gram weight vinyl is fun Big Grin

I also love the sound of vinyl when it's all set up correctly. I had a bit more of a learning curve when I got back into vinyl than I thought it would be. Learning to properly set up the cartridge in the head shell with a protractor and getting it's tracking force spot on with a digital scale were new to me, but once set up correctly really made a big difference! Researching and buying a Denon DL-103 MC was by far the best $167 I ever spent on a cartridge.Applause

I have not listened to anything but my growing vinyl collection in about a month since I bought the Denon DL-103. It really shows off how great vinyl can sound. I always use these three 200 gram weight LPs to show off how good vinyl can sound : Dire Straits "Brothers In Arms" double LP 1/2 speed re-master, and RUSH's "Moving Pictures" sound fantastic on vinyl and people are simply blown away when they hear these records.

So much better than digital CD playback and of course those lousy Mp3's that so many people are used to hearing.
Vinyl rules Party!
  • Thank You 1

...Big fan of Vice News and Bill Mahar who produces the show. Long my they reign, giving us the real news that so many of us long for now a days...

Was with ya right up until the Bill Mahr part...;-)

• Thank You 1

...Big fan of Vice News and Bill Mahar who produces the show. Long my they reign, giving us the real news that so many of us long for now a days...

I watch him every Friday night.
Hes like a bad accident on the road, you tell yourself you wont look...but you always do, and then you regret it.
  • Thank You 1

• Community Admin
Getting back to Vinyl...

With the resurgence of vinyl, I'm finding that better pressings are an incredible part of overall system improvement..., For years, searching for the next gizmo, buffer, or processor to add, speakers to buy, amp to mod, ..., all were great additions,  Many with good or better results, others making me say "damn, snake-oil purchase...Grrr."

But, all things being equal (cartridge, TT, the chain...) lately it's been better vinyl pressings of old favorites are improving the whole audiophile experience in ways that I couldn't have imagined.   Not always, but remarkably noticeable. 

Anyone else entering this realm with the same observation? 
  • Thank You 3

happy0009.gifhappy0009.gifhappy0009.gifmsp_thumbup.gif