• Announcements

• Nahash5150

Engine Upgrade   04/19/18

The website will be receiving a security and feature patch. But I didn't get to it yesterday, so stay tuned for reschedule.  
Sign in to follow this  
aslan7

A.I. Apocalypse

I've always been fascinated by technology & normally embrace it when it improves my life.  
"Improves my life" of course means different things to different people.

The latest article in the April VF edition was interesting. 

Tesla Inventor, Elon Musk, says A.I. apocalypse is coming where human race is destroyed by a computer created AI race -- "we are summoning the demon" he says.

Is this fear mongering? Loco Loco Loco

Your thoughts ?

PROPHET MOTIVE Elon Musk, co-founder of Tesla and OpenAI, inside part of a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket, in Cape Canaveral, Florida, 2010.Image result for skynet

• Thank You 1

Tesla Inventor, Elon Musk, says A.I. apocalypse is coming where human race is destroyed by a computer created race -- "we are summoning the demon" he says.

The cynic in me says that human race is too busy annihilating itself/themselves to need any inhuman help. face20.gif

Is this fear mongering? Loco Loco Loco

There is always room for counter-culture. Every invention/discovery is meant to cause some fear.  I am certain Industrialization caused some consternation. Robots in Manufacturing have the done the same to some extent. Watson can complement the humans, but supplanting them is quite a tall order.

When the emotion chip gets embedded in millions of Datas and they develop the desire to rule, then we may be in trouble.

Asimov's Zeroth and First Laws will prevent SkyNet, IMHO.
  • Thank You 1

I'm not so worried about an A.I. Apocalypse.. What is more concerning is how do the obsolete human beings support themselves.. Automation profits corporations or the very wealthy, that can leverage the benefits, and reduce the cost associated with human employees...  Not everyone can be programers or maintenance/service personnel..

Read an article about countries at some point needing to provide a basic wage to people who are obsolete.. Not obsolete due to lack of training or ability on a human level, not a factor of motivation or willingness to work but truly getting to the point that humans are not, better, faster, cheaper at anything..

The tech is great if the world benefits from it and not just a relative few..  The collapse of society could result if greed is not controlled....