Favorite Quotes

RichP714

Just remember, wherever you go, there you are. - B-52's (Girl from Ipanema goes to Greenland)

One of my favorites as well. Actually, I'll always remember first hearing that quote in the 1984 movie The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai. I don't know if that's the original source, but the B-52's Girl from Ipanema goes to Greenland was released in 1987. Check out the Buckaroo Bonzai flic - it's a hoot. 

• 5 months later...

Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.

Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"

Wow!!!...Thirty plus years in the electrical trade,... my anger and frustration is not alone. 

• 10 months later...
"Good artists copy, great artists steal"   ---Steve Jobs (via Pablo Picasso) 1996

"I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong, i'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this,"  ---Steve Jobs 2011

Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is THE BEST.
― Frank Zappa

I'm vile and perverted. 
I'm obsessed and deranged.
I've existed for years but very little has changed.
I'm the tool of the government and industry too.
For I'm destined to rule and regulate you.
You may think I'm pernicious, but you can't look away.
I'll make you think I'm delicious with the stuff that I say.
I'm the best you can get... have you guessed me yet?
I'm the slime oozing out of your TV set....
― Frank Zappa (I'm The Slime from Overnight Sensation)
  • Thank You 2

I'm vile and perverted. 
I'm obsessed and deranged.
I've existed for years but very little has changed.
I'm the tool of the government and industry too.
For I'm destined to rule and regulate you.
You may think I'm pernicious, but you can't look away.
I'll make you think I'm delicious with the stuff that I say.
I'm the best you can get... have you guessed me yet?
I'm the slime oozing out of your TV set....
― Frank Zappa (I'm The Slime from Overnight Sensation)

Yep.

When I hear somebody sigh,  "Life is hard,"  I am always tempted to ask,  "Compared to what?"
                                                                                                                        ---- Sydney J Harris

"We build too many walls and not enough bridges"

"A man may imagine things that are false, but he can only understand things that are true, for if the things be false, the apprehension of them is not understanding"

Sir Isaac Newton

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.

--Mark Twain

“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”  

- Albert Einstein