Daddyjt

M500 mkII karma - string attached:-)

Not in, excellent Karma!

I won an m-500t a while back

From daddyjt and was pleased with the work quality!

I karmad it back to the group after getting my m-500t back from Rich!

The Karma offerings have truly been excellent!

BarryG

And I was the lucky winner! It plays daily in my TT system. So not in on this one . This is a great Karma with meaning!

Man, that amp has some miles on it!  If I'm not mistaken, I think it was my first mkII mod - Does it have the hand-written 3x5 note card taped inside? 

That was a great story of compassion and consideration.   Been there in similar situations to help someone in need.  I have more amps than I really need, although I don't have an M500.  I will pass for those that really have the need. Great Karma as usual from a highly regarded member as you Mark.  God Bless Brutha  eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif

• Thank You 1

That was a great story of compassion and consideration.   Been there in similar situations to help someone in need.  I have more amps than I really need, although I don't have an M500.  I will pass for those that really have the need. Great Karma as usual from a highly regarded member as you Mark.  God Bless Brutha  eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif

Thanks Dano - IIRC, we joined up here right about the same time.  A lot of the faces have changed, and I am ever thankful for the friends I have here - truly an island in the storm of on-line existence.  Thanks for being a part of this great family brother:-) 
  • Thank You 1

I was the first to respond on this thread, and forgot to mention that I am NOT in. I already have two wonderful MkII's, one of which was overhauled by Mark.

• Thank You 1

Not in, excellent Karma!

I won an m-500t a while back

From daddyjt and was pleased with the work quality!

I karmad it back to the group after getting my m-500t back from Rich!

The Karma offerings have truly been excellent!

BarryG

And I was the lucky winner! It plays daily in my TT system. So not in on this one . This is a great Karma with meaning!

Man, that amp has some miles on it!  If I'm not mistaken, I think it was my first mkII mod - Does it have the hand-written 3x5 note card taped inside? 

Yep and still playing away! Good workmanship Sirparty.gif but no need for 2 and it's time I gave back.eusa_think.gif

Gee, what a surprise - the guy that Karma'd a gazillion 2 Disc CD sets for everyone a few years ago decides to up the ante. emteeth.gif
Well done Mark !!!
Your story of the act of kindness towards that widow is EXACTLY what our country needs to get back to.
If you will let me, I want to participate - I don't want to be "In", but I do want to pay the shipping for the lucky winner.

• Thank You 7

Stickers

Gee, what a surprise - the guy that Karma'd a gazillion 2 Disc CD sets for everyone a few years ago decides to up the ante. emteeth.gif

Well done Mark !!!

Your story of the act of kindness towards that widow is EXACTLY what our country needs to get back to.

If you will let me, I want to participate - I don't want to be "In", but I do want to pay the shipping for the lucky winner.

That is very generous of you Brian - thank you! I would be honored to accept your help, but please don't feel obligated...:-)

• Thank You 2

Mark if its oka with you can I raise the goodie pot with a set of ALUMINUM A/V Risers for the lucky winner?

I got those from Barry from a Karma years ago and would love to see them go to good use

• Thank You 6

Gee, what a surprise - the guy that Karma'd a gazillion 2 Disc CD sets for everyone a few years ago decides to up the ante. emteeth.gif

Yeah, those CD's were one of the most generous karmas that I have ever witnessed. I was really moved by this act of kindness and was humbled that Mark sent me a set when I only had about 4-5 posts and had been around for all of about two weeks.

This Amp is an extremely thoughtful gesture and I love the spirit in which it is being offered. I'm not in because Dennis Miller and Kevin have me in great shape just the way I am. However, someone is going to be a very happy camper.

Thanks Mark - you epitomize the strength of this community.

• Thank You 1

Stickers

Mark if its oka with you can I raise the goodie pot with a set of ALUMINUM A/V Risers for the lucky winner?

I got those from Barry from a Karma years ago and would love to see them go to good use

That would be awesome Bryan!! I'll consider that a done deal:-)
  • Thank You 4

I'd like to be in on this one, it would be perfect as my main amp for the fronts in my 5.1 / 2ch. system (2ch. is what I use by far the most.)
I would pay it forward to a non-profit charity I contribute whenever able,
DAV ~ Disabled American Veterans.
This was my moms favorite charity and as far back as I can remember, so I try to whenever I can.
Good Luck to all and Great Karma Mark.

* Just look at all the members you have already inspired, kudos to you sir* 
  • Thank You 3

I'd like to be in on this one, it would be perfect as my main amp for the fronts in my 5.1 / 2ch. system (2ch. is what I use by far the most.)
I would pay it forward to a non-profit charity I contribute whenever able,
DAV ~ Disabled American Veterans.
This was my moms favorite charity and as far back as I can remember, so I try to whenever I can.
Good Luck to all and Great Karma Mark.

* Just look at all the members you have already inspired, kudos to you sir*

Thank you Curtis - I appreciate your kind words.  I'm happy to see a bunch of us pulling together to make a positive impact in our world:-) 

I pay it forward quite often and it is amazing how people want to pay for it. I reply to them that I don't want their money as some day I may be in a position where I may need help. In please and Superb Karma !

• Thank You 2

I know I haven't been around the site in quite a while.......having a toddler and planning for our 2nd round of IVF will do that I guess ;).......but happened by the site today and felt a great surge of hope for humanity after reading this Karma offering story. Mark, you truly are an AMAZING person who's heart and compassion are unparalleled. It makes me remember why I came to this site in the first place and how lucky I am to be a part of it; not to mention how incredibly generous and thoughtful the members that make up it's community are. I try to live by your moral compass as well Mark, and always try to do something positive for somebody else in the world - even if it's just opening the door for someone, or helping an elderly person with there shopping cart/groceries at the store. It really takes these stories to keep me going because of how much selfishness and negativity I am constantly bombarded with directly and in-directly in life.

I'm OUT on this one......simply because I'm trying to downsize my system as it is :( Trying to minimize the amount of wires/amps/GIANT speakers out in the living room for my 15 month old to terrorize LOL!!!

This Karma will really make someone's day, and my hats off to you Mark and the others "sweetening the pot" on this truly generous Karma :)

• Thank You 2

I have read this tread several times, drawing inspiration for the generosity demonstrated daily within this community.
Helping others, and being helped by others, is what makes life in this world worth living.
I have no lack of opportunities to help others. As a Field Service Engineer I  am regularly rescuing "a damsel in distress".

I would love to experience the m-500 mk II mystique. 
But in reality I don't have a 'need' for it.
So I must decline at this time.
Thank you, but not in.

besides, I have so much stuff collecting, it just wouldn't feel right.

• Thank You 2

I know I haven't been around the site in quite a while.......having a toddler and planning for our 2nd round of IVF will do that I guess ;).......but happened by the site today and felt a great surge of hope for humanity after reading this Karma offering story. Mark, you truly are an AMAZING person who's heart and compassion are unparalleled. It makes me remember why I came to this site in the first place and how lucky I am to be a part of it; not to mention how incredibly generous and thoughtful the members that make up it's community are. I try to live by your moral compass as well Mark, and always try to do something positive for somebody else in the world - even if it's just opening the door for someone, or helping an elderly person with there shopping cart/groceries at the store. It really takes these stories to keep me going because of how much selfishness and negativity I am constantly bombarded with directly and in-directly in life.

I'm OUT on this one......simply because I'm trying to downsize my system as it is :( Trying to minimize the amount of wires/amps/GIANT speakers out in the living room for my 15 month old to terrorize LOL!!!

This Karma will really make someone's day, and my hats off to you Mark and the others "sweetening the pot" on this truly generous Karma :)

Thanks for the praise Casey, but I assure you, I have many flaws and faults, and some not-so-small:-( I kind of take the "+/-" point of view on life: I try to make sure that by the time I die, I've done more good stuff (+), than bad stuff (-). It's kind of a cosmic tug-of-war, in that it's always going back and forth, and in that you can never let go of the rope... hope that makes sense.
  • Thank You 5

This is NOT going to be a "how-to" thread, but I thought I would post occasional updates along the way...

That being said, I popped the cover this morning, and it is apparent that I am the first one to visit the internals of this amp, since it left the factory!  Very dusty indeed:-)

20170715090450612.jpg 20170715090549757.jpg

20170715090630141.jpg

• Thank You 3

Just about one week left, and I thought I'd toss in a couple more pictures.  Amp is finished, except for the lights, which the winner will get to choose (color).

Power supply stripped and ready for new components.
20170724093146929.jpg 

Power supply finished!
20170724093223536.jpg 
  • Thank You 6