danowood

Can you remember the days?

Can you remember the days when the majority was a one income family?  When we were a productive society and not an idol society?  No shortages and lots of variety and competition.  Heres a look back behind us for those that remember the nostalgic era's.

• Thank You 10

Thanks for posting that Dan. I remember my grandmother never had to work - granted, for many years there was only one car, and they lived in a modest house. I remember my grandfather saying he saved up to buy a car, because it was foolish to go into debt for one - nowadays, kids go into debt for stupid looking rims and tires, let alone the car!!

A big part of what's wrong with society is the "instant gratification" and over-indulgent lifestyles.

• Thank You 3

Ahhhh... The greatest generation.

Do you think that 50 yrs from now people will look back to 2017 with the same admiration?

Ahhhh... The greatest generation.

Do you think that 50 yrs from now people will look back to 2017 with the same admiration?

I don't see how LOL 

You buy all that old stuff cheap at Goodwill, Salvation Army, and ebay.
 I have several 1940s model 302 telephones, a restored 1936 console radio with shortwave (they all had shortwave back then), a 1923 player piano with rolls, a 1963 Magnavox tube console stereo, etc.

You buy all that old stuff cheap at Goodwill, Salvation Army, and ebay.
 I have several 1940s model 302 telephones, a restored 1936 console radio with shortwave (they all had shortwave back then), a 1923 player piano with rolls, a 1963 Magnavox tube console stereo, etc.

Speaking of my dad has some shortwave and transmitter/receiver used for morris code  if anyone would be interested.