C1 / C11 Refresh RFQ

massastan

Thanks very spend between$500-700 having the BillD and other mods done to a C-1 and C-11. Never regretted it. After these units were modded and refreshed, they outperformed several of the $1500-20OO preamps I compared them to.

So it sounds better than your AR? 

ray 

Not with my current speakers. I do like the Sonic hologram with other speakers that I have owned, but since that is not an option with SDA's...

And the Audio Research, is the first preamp that I have owned that I can honestly say I prefer over my BillD C-1 or C-11. And I had to spend five times the amount of money that I sold that c14 in order to find what I considered a legitimate step up.

The AR Trav has is super sweet. A lot more money. I have a great sounding Threshold Fet10 HL that is a step above a C1BillD as well. Its 3x the price of the BillD.

Heard the new Bob Carver preamp will have a digital sonic hologram generator. Still in the works but sounds like a neat product. Tube preamp, digital SH.. SH without the noise?eusa_think.gif

• Thank You 1

Heard the new Bob Carver preamp will have a digital sonic hologram generator. Still in the works but sounds like a neat product. Tube preamp, digital SH.. SH without the noise?eusa_think.gif

I thought the Sunfire multi-channel pre-amps had SH, was that done digitally?  IIRC that was a criticism of them in terms of it making them less of an analog audio device and more like a pure digital processor, which (at the time) was frowned upon by many.